Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Enthusiast
My Device: curve 3 - 9300 v6.0.0.668 - platform 6.6.0.236
Accepted Solution

Having Problems :(

Hello 

i bought my blackberry curve 9300 from a friend... when i inserted my own sim card and powered on the set... 1st thing i did was adding a wifi network... it was connected properly (it showed the msg that u'r connnected to ur router etc ).... but when i opened the browser (the built in one) i received a message that 

"unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. if the problem persists please contact your service provider"

also i cannot open the apps which need internet lyk viber whatsaap facebook etc (these were installed by my friend)

i tried to clean my service book databse but i found that desktop cical service book is also missing... :'( now i am out of idea and sitting dumb ri8 now... no idea what to do :smileysad:

plzZzZ help :/

Contributor
afl2277
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Having Problems :(

First thing....when you got your BlackBerry did you do a security wipe to remove your friends info from the phone....app payment details, ID etc?  Remove your sim card and sd card, go into settings , security and do a security wipe.  Once the phone has booted up put the sim and sd card back in and you are ready to set up the phone.

A Blackberry will not work just on wifi.....thats why you see the message re your service plan.  To use a Blackberry properly you need BlackBerry internet services....data....from your network.   Ring your network,  tell them you have a Blackberry and ask them to connect you to BIS.  Whan that data is on the phone you can finish setting it up properly....make an ID using your email address and password,  set up email accounts on the phone, use BBM etc.  

Get the BlackBerry internet services put on, then if you need help with setting it up come back ...:smileyhappy:

New Contributor
Enthusiast

well really thank you @afl2277 :smileyvery-happy:
well do you really think that the refreshing of service book (desktop cical) have to do something with it????
Contributor
afl2277

In your post you said you added the wifi network, this after putting your sim in.   I took this to mean that you were trying to use tbe BlackBerry over the wifi network with no BIS.....in which case sending service books or going down tbe host routing table route would do no good at all....:smileyhappy:

New Contributor
Enthusiast

[ Edited ]

so if i call to the company whose sim i am using and they connect me to the bis... then i'll be using internet on my sim credit??? i mean.. how the wifi thing is related to the netwotk registration??? it sounds strange :/

also i highlighted "my own sim" coz the wifi was working fine on my friends sim card... (coz he installed apps using it )... and what would u say about the desktop cical service which is missing in my phone????

Contributor
afl2277

You need to ring your network and ask them to connect you to BlackBerry internet services.  That will allow to connect by mobile internet to the internet, use Faceboom, Twitter, BBM, email etc.  

Unlike other smartphones that will work purely through wifi for internet, a Blackberry wont.  A normal phone uses public servers to access the Internet.....a Blackberry uses BlackBerry data and uses BlackBerry secure servers.  

Without the Blackberry data on the phone it wont work properly, even connected to wifi.

Your friends sim would have worked because he would have had BlackBerry data, he would have had a Blackberry ID. Ring your network,  have BlackBerry internet services.....BIS.....put on your phone then someone on here will help you to set up you BB ID, email etc. :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
Enthusiast

it means that whenever i use internet using the wifi... then i'll also be using mobile balance/credit???
and what do u mean by blackberry data???
Contributor
afl2277

Ok...lets see if I can make this any simpler.

Anything that goes over the Internet is called data. Networks provide you with a certain amount of data to allow you to use the Internet.  You need data from your network to run any phone. Data gives you internet access..

If you use your phone internet to browse, send emails or BBMs that would come out of your phone network data.  If you switch tbe phone onto home wifi anything you do on the phone will then use the wifi signal.  

New Contributor
Enthusiast

yeah that what i'm sayting.. i dont wanna use my mobile internet... i only want to browse bbms and send emails thru wifi connection... then still is it necessary to call my network operator??? and i've also switched off the mobile data option in option>network connection>mobile network settings... is it alright to switch it off????
New Contributor
Enthusiast

now my wifi is working... but it is also using a bit of my sim credit... also my sim credit became zero yesterday... everything worked fine till todays morning but now browser is working fine but social apps like whatsaap and facebook is not working and it says that

'you are currently on a service plan that does not support this aaplication... connect to a wifi or contact ur service provider'

and i am like.. hello... i am using wifi and i am sitting only a foot away from router u cant do this to me... this phone is **bleep**ing me... and i have no idea what to do... any help?????