Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

zukiharu
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

Help ASAP-Blackberry Curve is being wiped

I have a Blackberry Curve 8530. My phone locks itself after two minutes and I enter a password to unlock it. By accident, I entered it incorrectly the first two times and even though I was sure I entered the right password the third time, my phone started being wiped. So, I took out the battery right away and as of now the battery is still out of the phone. Is there anything I can do to get my information back/stop it from being wiped? Should I put the battery back in? Any help would really be appreciated! 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Help ASAP-Blackberry Curve is being wiped

[ Edited ]

Hi zukiharu

Welcome to Support Forums

Sorry to hear that ! By default  it set to 10 unless someone change the attempt option as in your case you got only 3 attempts. If we enter Incorrect password then for security reason our BlackBerry device will wipe itself up. And I sorry to say that if you don't have a backup then its all lost forever.

I think you are not able to properly enter your password on the BlackBerry  keyboard. For example , if your password is

zuki123

• And you enter z > u >k > i > alt > 1>2>3
  •  the actual result will be
  • zuki1er
  • You must enter
  • z > u > k  > i >  alt > 1 > alt > 2 > alt > 3

to get zuki123 on your device. So, while on the BlackBerry  keyboard you think you are typing zuki123 but you are actually typing zuki1er

I hope it will help in future course.

Prince

_________________________________________________________________________________

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.