08-16-2011 06:00 AM
Yesterday my Blackberry suddenly shut down and I can't turn it back on. The screen is black and the LED light blinks on and off. I was wondering if anyone had a solution for this issue.
08-16-2011 06:55 AM
Take out the battery for about 2 minutes, put it back in and it should restart. However make sure your battery has enough power and its not being charged via USB charger. A drained battery will not charge via USB you need a wall charger.
08-16-2011 07:18 AM
Additionally, if the suggestion by runyamhere does not have success:
If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a black screen, follow the instructions below. The only indication of life might be the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
10-26-2012 07:31 AM - edited 10-26-2012 07:40 AM
I have the same probelm and i tired to remove the battery and put it back as runyamhere suggested , but it didnt help .
JSanders i tried all what you said with full instructions you gave exactly as you explained , and yet it didnt work.
any othere suggestion to help