Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Help! BB ID not being accepted by device...

Hello there, I have a 9360 with Virgin Mobile.  Yesterday, I changed my number as we are moving across the country.

The Virgin Mobile rep advised that I should take out the battery and sim card, and put them back a few minutes after, so that the device would "register" under the new phone number.

I did so, and the BB powered up...only to then prompt me to enter my BBID password.  I tried a few times unsuccessfully, then realized that I had never registered a BBID.  So, I went on the BB website and registered a BBID and PW for the same e-mail.

Tried THAT PW but it still did not work.  I don't want to wipe the unit since there are lots of pics, etc., on it.  Does a changed BBID take a few hours to register?  My other fear is that the the BB isn't even on a network, and hence, how could it "check" my BBID?

Finally, when I hit the "forgot password" prompt on the BB, it tells me that I haven't set up a BBID (which I have).

Frustration = growing...please help!!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Help! BB ID not being accepted by device...

Hello a4racer

Welcome to the Community

You can do a Security Wipe without including the SD Card if you want to save your media files. Security Wipe is needed for you to start anew. Do you already have a Blackberry Data Plan with your Carrier?

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter