Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
sura
My Carrier: tesco mobile

Help!!! Blackberry Curve keeps restarting itself suddenly.

Dear Comunity Members

My BB is a curve 9300 that has suddenly started restarting on its own while texting, calling, left alone etc. Has been doing this the past two days about 8 times a day. Softwares are supposedly up to date. Have removed the batteries and sim and restarted, but it has not helped. What can I do?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Help!!! Blackberry Curve keeps restarting itself suddenly.

Hello sura

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

As you mentioned its been happening from last two days but can you confirm if you had installed any new application ,theme or wallpaper on your device ? In the mean time First remove your media card if you have from your device then perform a battery pull restart ,then see if that helps.

If not then Start your device on safe mode then see if it reboots.Also while on safe mode remove any application if you had installed on your device  or revert any changes that you made before this problem appear on your device.

So try it and let s know.

KB17877  How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sura

Hi Prince

Thanks for the info. The media card part did not help. Ive put my phone on safe mode, however I havent downloaded anything recently. Ive ignored a software upgrade message from BB application world and thats it.

How do I revert my BB to its previous settings?

I have been reading this link: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Thank you very much

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello sura

Reloading our device software is not bad, Although I prefer reloading our device software every six to seven months or as needed , the link you provided is Krypto's famous guide on How to Reload Our Device Software.So without any fear you can reload your device software to rule out any software.when downloading the Device OS please make sure you are downloading for the same device model that you have .

So do your device backup before performing any update.also after reloading your device OS do a selective restore of your data i;e restore only your contacts and calander entries. Let the new OS run  for a day to see if problem has been resolved .

So try it and let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
anonymous12345
My Carrier: Three

Hi I have been havinthat's same problem but mine freezes before it restarts but in my case it restarts itself every time I try and use my phone! I have also talked to some of my friends who have had the same blackberry as you and I  and faced some of the same issues. This brings me to think that it is this model of blackberry that is causing the problem. I would like to know how to fix this. Please Help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sura

Hi Prince

I have updated my OS software from the CD that came with the phone. The number of times the phone switches off have reduced however, it is still happening a number of times.

This time however, when I am texting someone, (especially if I change the input language) the following message comes out: 'input system error, the system is being restarted'.

Any ideas????

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi sura

So you had reloaded your device OS using CD, I wish you reloaded your OS using krypto's method that you looked , that method allow us to update our OS bundle if any available.

As you are having error while changing the input language I suggest you two things either reload your OS using krypto's method or perform a clean reload of your device software.But yes most important before performing a clean reload do your device backup or else you will lose your data.Look at this Knowledge Base on how to perform a clean reload of our device software.

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows

Reloading in this manner will not take time so I suggest you must try.And also if you have that rebooting problem then as suggested do a selective restore i;e only contacts and calander entries .Run it for a day to see if that error appears. If problem doesn't appear then if you want any apps install fresh but not from your backup use app world.So please try and post back with positive results.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chaitanyachandc
My Carrier: airtel

have the same issue, got the software reloaded at the service centre.. it still is restarting a lot of times daily

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

chaitanyachandc wrote :

have the same issue, got the software reloaded at the service centre.. it still is restarting a lot of times daily

Hi chaitanyachandc

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Have you tried to contact your Service provider again regarding this issue ! How often your device restarts by itself within an hour or two ?  O.K lets run a test on your device ,what you have to do is start your device on Safe Mode and run it for an hour or two .within this period you have to notice if your device reboots by itself.

If on safe mode it doesn't reboots then post back with which and  how many Third party applications you had installed on your device.So please try it :

KB17877  How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sura

Thanks for the info. Will try and let you know

Please use plain text.