Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300

Help! Cannot see contact in contacts after incoming spam email

I received  a spam emailwhich has replaced the primary email address for a contact. It is a yahoo address, say no more.

However when I go to contacts to amend the email address the contact is not visible. if I try to email the contact it shows the contact as there are two choices, the first being the one that came in on the spam mail.

How do I deal with this please?

Many thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Help! Cannot see contact in contacts after incoming spam email

Hi phoenix5419,

Welcome to the support community!

Can you please clarify what happens in your Contacts application? Is the contact itself not displaying or is that particular email address not displaying in that contact?

If it is only the email address that is not visible, it sounds like that email address is displaying only as a recent contact. If you have Show Recent Contacts When Composing an Email selected in Messages > Menu > Options > Message Display and Actions, email addresses you have recently interacted with will display when you start to compose a message. This KB article provides more information. "Recent Contact Management retention" KB32484

If this is the case, you should be able to remove the email address by following some of the steps in the article or you can deselect that setting to display recent contacts.

Please let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

New Contributor

Thanks for response. Cannot see the contact when in contacts. However when creating an email it is visible showing two addresses one of which is the spam address.
Will look at link to see if it helps.
Thanks