Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Help!! I cant add my e-mail address.

I recentley purchased the blackberry 8330 curve. I have been trying to add my school email address so I can receive them on my phone as well. But whenever I go through the whole process of entering the web address and my emial address and password etc. It always tells me it was unable to configure my email for me. If anyone can point me in the right direction it wouuld be much appreciated
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Help!! I cant add my e-mail address.

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the F:smileyhappy:rums!

I am not sure why you would be having trouble with your school address but between the hundreds of us here, we will help you.  What OS are you using? Who is your carrier with?

:smileyhappy:

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

the e-mail is through the university and has exchange in the address so i guess its outlook
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you are on an exchange server environment for your school I would recommend utilizing 'BlackBerry Redirector' on the school computer, using an Outlook Web Access integration (enter the email address only.. no password.. submit.. it will prompt you to 'provide more settings' and from there you can insert your Web access information), or possibly ask the school's IT Department if a POP/IMAP Integration is supported by their network.

Hope this helps.

Message Edited by sglass on 11-24-2008 08:50 PM
Message Edited by sglass on 11-24-2008 08:50 PM

I cant make any sense of the last suggestion blackberry redirector? what is that. I need to be baby steped through this b/c i have no idea what i am doing. I have tried calling sprint which is my wireless provider and they couldnt help I was on the phone for like an hour and accomplished nothing. I thought it might be a problem with my school email like maybe it didnt support mobile devices but when i was searching through it the other day i saw an option to delete any mobile devices so obviously to delete a mobile device you must me able to add them on as well. I have no idea whats wrong. I do the first thing where i enter my email and password  and it says it is unable to establish a connection.
New Contributor

Do you have BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed on the work computer? if so.. you can use BlackBerry Redirector to forward your emails to the device.

OR

I would recommend asking the school's IT department if POP/IMAP/or Outlook Web Access is available. (This would allow you to use an 'Advanced Integration' located here: 

How to integrate a POP or IMAP or Microsoft Outlook Web Access email account through advanced integration.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10154&sliceId=SAL_Pub... 

Hope this helps,