Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Haphazard
My Device: Not Specified

Help Locating Wireless Router with Blackberry 8320

I purchased a BB Curve from T-Mobile, I already use a Linksys router for gaming on Xbox 360.  When I turned on Wi-Fi on the BB and searched for a network...I located it, but then was not able to connect (got that W10, something error).  But now ever since that initial attempt when I try and search for my router, I keep getting a simple 'Network Not Found' message.  My friend -- who also has a Curve -- came over and he was also unable to locate the router.

Any ideas as to what is happening?  For what it's worth...it is not a T-Mobile branded router (although I did order one just in case).  But it still should work.

Any info would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lonestar

Re: Help Locating Wireless Router with Blackberry 8320

Hey Haphazard,

The 8320 will work with pretty much any router, not sure about that w10 error but check your router setting to make sure it is discoverable.  If not you can add the network to your device manually by entering the ssid which is the name you have given your network.

Also if you have any type of encryption on your wireless network you will need to provide the BlackBerry with this info at least once to set up the profile.

Hope that helps

First post eh...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Haphazard

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I'll try to add it with the SSID number and see what happens.

Yeah, my first post asking for help.  I am truly baffled by this one.  I can see maybe getting a connection error...that doesn't surprise me.  But not being able to locate it at all is what's puzzling.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Haphazard

For what it's worth, I'm cool with this now.

I did manually add the network using the SSID as you suggested...but the whole thing was that I was almost certain that I did not have any security set up.  Buuuut, I did.  So it was just as simple as adding the network manually, then entering my WEP key.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.