Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

analie
My Device: Not Specified

Help Me!! I want to record videos

I have the blackberry curve from tmobile and the workers stated to me in order for me to record videos I need to go on this website and download the video program.  I can't find it does anyone out there know how to do this?

thank you

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Help Me!! I want to record videos

You want to be able to record video's with your 8320?  In order to do that you need to upgrade your OS to 4.5 on your device.  Follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/151843-latest-os-8320-4-5-0-108...

The video does work but it's not the greatest quality.  IMO, it's good for those quick spur of the moment videos you don't want to completely miss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

This website is designed for users to help other users with issues pertaining to their Blackberry. It is not for collecting "kudos". Instead of just pointing someone to a website with instructions about how to download a new OS, it is probably helpful to let them know that they can screw up their phone if done incorrectly, some of the features may not work because it is not their carriers version, and that they WILL lose support from their carrier if they have a problem because it is not their carriers software. To the original poster, the new features of 4.5 are nice but in my OPINION it is safer for you to wait for the supported version to be released by your carrier. That way you know you can get help from your carrier if you need it.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I disagree.  This particular user ASKED for the video camera.  That is how one gains the video camera.  So what if they lose support from their carrier?  The worst case scenario is that their carrier asks them to reinstall their OS to regain support.  Since anyone asking here has already located these (and other) forums, there is far better support here than any carrier can offer (aside from network, issues, etc.) 

The version I listed above is most likely going to be released by the North American carriers anyway and is NOT going to screw up their device in any way.  I have loaded it to many devices. 

I am here to help.  If someone wants to give kudos, so be it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
juwaack68
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: Sprint

I have to agree with John on this.  If the OP wants to install 4.5 on their device, as long as they follow the instructions (make that backup file!), they are not going to hose their device.  The link John posted provides step by step instructions, and thousands of people have used those instructions to upgrade their device(s).

What makes it 'safer'?  Unfortunately, many of the carriers do not have the same level of support knowledge that many of the forums have.  I find more answers here and at other forums than I do when calling carriers for support.

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
Please use plain text.