Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

gmc
New Contributor
gmc
My Device: Not Specified

Help, Newbie needs ability to access work web page , must read "iform html tag "

Hello, we recently got a blackberry curve 8330, carrier verizon.  My husband must be able to get to his work web site which apparently requires that our browser support "iframe html tag".  We have upgraded as to what verizon supports which is v4.3.0.127 (platform 3.1.0.72).  Verizon tech support said that their are other OS available for blackberry that they do not support (although they did not tell me where/who/what).  They said we could purchase/download them and then we would just have to receive tech support from that company rather than verizon.

By the way, we already have the boxes checked under browser options:  support javascript, allow javascript popups, support html tables, and show images on wml & html pages.

Does anyone know what these OS are, where to find them, etc?  Does blackberry have a version we could purchase/download?

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xjudgex
My Device: Blackberry 8320 Curve

Re: Help, Newbie needs ability to access work web page , must read "iform html tag "

it may not support it at all, but you may want to do is go back into your settings and change your emulation mode, close the browser and try the site again. You can make the blackberry browser emulate internet explorer, netscape, etc..try that and it may work. I had a buddy who ran across a similiar situation, and that solved it.
Please use plain text.
gmc
New Contributor
gmc
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Help, Newbie needs ability to access work web page , must read "iform html tag "

Hello, than you for your reply.  Unfortunately that didn't work for me.  I tried every emmulation mode listed.  Any other thoughts out there?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

I have Verizon as well, I have read that OS 4.5 (latest for 8330 Curve) will be out in August.

While this is not a recommendation to upgrade to an unsupported OS, if you need it you can follow the link below.

Basically it's a procedure for downloading and installing OS 4.5. It's free by the way!

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_upgrade_the_OS_on_my_BlackBerry%3F

Hope this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.