Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jordz022
My Device: Blackberry curve 9300

Help Please!!! Error 507

Hi all, 

I need help!

I sent my BlackBerry in for a service and they wiped it and reloaded the software. It seemed to be working fine and then a few days later it stopped working. The screen says error 507 reload software. I plugged it in and started BlackBerry Desktop software for Mac and it said: "The BlackBerry® Desktop Software cannot connect with this device. If clicking Retry doesn't connect the device, or the device isn't rebooting with a charged battery, you might need to repair your software to correct the problem."  When I click repair it asks me to select a download and I select the suggested one. Than it downloads and then says The device could not be repaired please try again. When I do, the same thing happens again. I have no idea what to do but I can't go on without a phone!

Please help me as soon as possible! All help is appreciated hugely!

Thanking you in anticipation.

Blackberry Curve 9300, Was running BlackBerry software 6 before it stopped working.

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Help Please!!! Error 507

Hello jordz022

Welcome to the Commnity

Sorry to hear what happened. Please check this Article ID: KB02792 and let us know if this helps. Good luck.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
jordz022
My Device: Blackberry curve 9300

Thanks for your prompt reply, but the page didn't help. My BlackBerry is plugged in via the supplied USB and the power to the USB slots is uninterrupted. 

I really don't know what's going on with this thing!

Any other suggestions??? 

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Error 507 just means the device has no OS installed.

You will need to reload the OS to the device:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

4.  Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I just realized you're on a Mac. You need to find a PC to reinstall the OS using the instructions I posted if Desktop Manager will not reload it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!