Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Help-SD card & performance issues.

Hi I'm new to these forums and to Blackberry in general. I just recently purchased the Curve 8330 through Verizon. I wanted to store some music as well as photos and maybe some video. I did some research on using an 8GB card and found that my curve is compatible. I bought the card (sandisk) through Amazon. I put about 4GB worth of music on it and put it in the Blackberry. The music works just fine, but now the devise is very slow, about a 1-2 second delay from the time you push a button, type or scroll until it actually performs that particular function. It also seems to be acting a bit strange. I have taken the card out for now and it is working just fine. What gives? Can someone help?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Help-SD card & performance issues.

Hi welcome to the forums!

I saw you didn't get a reply so I thought I'd try to help.

Please go to options - status and send me the file free and file total numbers both with the media card in and without.

Let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi Bifocals

Thanks for the reply.

Without card

Free file-43524274, free total-83623936 

With card

free file-44190342, free total- 83623936 

Thanks for the help.  

Guru I

You definitely do not have any memory issues with your device.

I have read some articles that say a media card can slow a device. I upgraded to an 8gb from a 4gb yesterday, and I have no lag.

Please list device model and OS that is running on device. I will search the knowledgebase for similar conditions,

Please let me know!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

It's a Blackberry Curve 8330 smartphone. v4.3.0.127.

Is that the info you need? I'm new to this so excuse my ignorance.

It doesn't just lag it's really slow, sometimes 10 seconds, from the time I scroll or push a button until it responds.  

Guru I

You definitely have the right OS to support an 8gb card. I have searched the knowledgebase and cannot find a like example of your problem. Can you borrow another card and see if the effect is still there?

I know this is basic, but you're sure you have the music on the media card and not device memory?

Can you swap it for a new one from the vendor?

Please let me know, so we can fix this!

New Contributor

Hi Bifocals,

I have the same problem on my BB 8330 v4.3.0.124 (platform 3.1.0.71).  The media card I installed is a Sandisk 4G Micro SDHC.  When the media card is blank, my BB is fine.  After uploading mp3 songs, pictures and video, my BB is very very slow or locks up.

I tried to pull the battery out and reinserting it to restart the BB.  My BB does a security scan when restarted to read the media card.  Once restarted, it works fine temporary then locks up or operates very very slow.  In order to get my BB operating properly, I reformatted (FAT32) the media card connected through my PC via Desktop Manager.  I tried to upload media on the card again but I ended up with the same locking problem.

My BB content security is disabled and password is also disabled.  Why is the BB performing a security scan when media is uploaded on the card then locks up or operates like a turtle?

Thank you,

Ray 

Guru I

Rayc,

go into options secutiry -general settings - content protection is it enabled? Is content compression enabled?

Let me know!

New Contributor

Hi bifocals,

My BB Content Compression is Enabled and Content Protection is Disabled.  Also, under media card setup Encryption Mode is None.  Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Guru I

Sorry I forgot to ask,

in options - status please send file free and file total.

Thanks