Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9320
My Carrier: vodaphone
Accepted Solution

Help URGENT ! - phone locked curve 9320

[ Edited ]

i have just purchased blackberry curve 9320, i put in a code to lock phone and it was working fine and unlocked every time but now after being in my pocket most of the day some buttons must have been pressed and it says phone locked and on screen it says- 'type in blackberry to continue' (it never said this before), i do this then it asks for my code, i have put in my original code (4 numbers) and it says code incorrect, i am now on my last attempt, what will happen if i try and have no more attempts left? will it go on lock down and cost me a fortune to get fixed or is there something i can do to prevent this

really would like some help, thank you for reading

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Help URGENT ! - phone locked curve 9320

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you say, it sounds like your device lock password is what is keeping you out of your device. Only that password can unlock it, but for one reason or another it just isn't being accepted. Most often, this is due to the keyboard...you perhaps think you are typing a number but in reality it's a letter, caps lock is on/off, or some other key modifier is not now in the same condition as when you created the password. Sadly, with just one more attempt there is very little to try...you only get once chance, so the likelihood of success is a bit low.

I would suggest you remove your battery, wait 5 minutes, then insert the battery, but wait at least 15 minutes before trying anything. You only get one chance, so you need to let your BB be fully booted up before you try anything.

If you fail the last time, what will happen is that your BB will wipe itself clean of everything and be like it was when you first received it, including removal of the password. This is a security feature intended to protect the valuable data and personal information on the device from thieves.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you so much for reply. Because I only just bought the phone I don,t have a lot of stuff on it yet so not to bothered about it being wiped clean, but I did unlock phone from network when I received it so will I need to unlock from network provider again or will that still be in place 

Thanks 

Hall of Famer II

Once a BB is carrier unlocked, only the BB factory can re-lock it to a carrier. So that condition will not be affected by the WIPE.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

thank you so much again for your help

i thought my code was numbers when in fact it was letters and thanks to your email i changed this on last attempt and it worked :Yes:

Hall of Famer II

Ahhh...you indeed got very lucky! Here is the more detailed information about password entry...

For instance, if your password is

• ab123

and you enter

• a > b > ALT > 1 > 2 > 3

the actual result will be

• ab1er

You must enter

• a > b > ALT > 1 > ALT > 2 > ALT > 3

in order to wind up with ab123. So, in this example, while on the BB keyboard you think you are typing ab123, you are actually typing ab1er.

On your BB, when you type your password, you should get just a moment where each character is shown in the clear before it changes to an *. Watch closely the next time and you may see a surprising result.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates