Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
rbj63
My Device: Not Specified

Help me Please!!!

I have had my 8300 for a touch over a year now.  I have been very careful not to get it wet and have always kept it in a protection case.

The other week it started acting funny and now it has gotten really bad. 

Basically it was gotten a mind of its own.  I'll turn the phone on and it will work fine for a few hours up to a day or so.  Then some of its symptoms will be the track ball not working, calling people on its own, texting people on its own, self muting during phone calls, and randomly scanning through menus on the phone.

I tried blowing it out with compressed air, and of course smacking it with my hand.  Though I havent tried throwing it against the wall yet (though that may come)  :smileyhappy:

If anyone can help this would be great.  I have had to downgrade to an ancient flip phone (it might have been the first one ever made!!)  I would go back to the place that I purchased to phone for my year return but I went in 2 days after my one year return policy was up.  Dont want to bash a company so I wont say their name *(cough)AT&T*

Please dont tell me that my phone is dead!!

Thanks to everyone that helps!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Help me Please!!!

Your phone needs a software reload.

Get the latest version of software from your carrier website.

once downloaded to computer, connect the device via usb and upgrade firmware.

Use BlackBerry Application Loader to install BlackBerry Device Software

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rbj63

When I connected to my computer and had to open the application loader, it searched and found nothing to update.  The message that I recieved said:

The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer.  Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator.

Maybe I just dont understand how the software works.  Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
xaroc

i would say, reload all your software like the other guy said.... but that is a very strange thing you described *thinks*

Connecting to your PC Via. USB.... Could this be the birth of a Blackberry Virus?   who knows....    

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

It means your don't have the 'DEVICE' software for your phone.

To confirm this, from the desktopmanager go to 'Help' > About Desktop Manager > then click on the 'Device Software' Tab.

Can you see anything listed in there? if not, it means you haven't got the device software specific for your carrier and model as I said before.

If you do see something there, can you write down exactly what it is..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
Visitor
raymond8908

Hey i just got a new blackberry curve, and i'm having the same exact problem,

with the message

"The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

I did what you said, i went to the "about desktop manager" and then the "device software" tab, and realized that the thing was blank, so i guess my computer doesn't have the operating system necessary, so now i was wondering if you can tell me how i can download the necessary software, so that i can start adding applications to my phone. I have a PC and i'm a cingular user. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

RB, hi and welcome to the forums!

Please refer to the knowledgebase under "Exorcist"  :smileyhappy:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

At his point I would suggest a security wipe and reload, doesn't sound like you have much to lose. Do you have a backup from BEFORE this problem occurred? We don't want to reload the same "glitch".

Here is a link for you to follow, please read Tanzims response.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=3640&query.id=154820#...

Let me know if you have any questions!

Apparantly this post is WAY late :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-23-2008 11:50 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]
Raymond 8908, hi and welcome to the forums, I believe you have a different situation, than the original problem. Please go to the main forum page and use New Message on the grey bar. THis will open a new thread and more people will read it,therefore you will get more help. Thanks,
Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-24-2008 02:05 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.