Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Help me synchronize from my phone to computer.. NOT from computer to phone!

I do not use my computer to update information.  I only use it to back up the data on my phone.   How do I get the computer to stop downloading old information back onto my phone?  I do not want the computer to ever talk to the phone... only receive new or changed data on my phone - data transfer should only ever be from phone to computer.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Help me synchronize from my phone to computer.. NOT from computer to phone!

There are settings in the Syncronization portion of Desktop Manager to tell it which way to sync.  Each version of DM is a little bit different but there are some advanced options in the Syncronization portion of DM just for that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Help me synchronize from my phone to computer.. NOT from computer to phone!

no good.  In the synch options, there is nothing for advance options.  I just reset configiration but there is nothing advance to let me tell the device to receive the info and not accept it.