Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Help, my curve locks up on me

I have the BB curve 8330 with Bell mobility.  I recently downloaded the new version of  BB applications version 1.1.0.24

Since then, whenever I try accessing the application program my curve freezes on me.  There is nothing I can do.  The phone is completely locked up.  I have to pop the battery to reset the phone.  This happens everytime.  I also tried downloading the the program again replacing it.  Same problem. 

Everything else on the phone works fine including the browser and messages but once I click on the app program, it's dies.

Any ideas anybody?  Or how to get the older version back which worked fine.

Thanks for your help.

Darren

Newfoundland, Canada

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: Help, my curve locks up on me

Welcome to the forums :smileyhappy:

What do you mean by BB applications version? Is that the software installed on your computer?

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick response.  I am not the most computer literate so bare with with.  One of the applications on my phone is called 'blackberry application world'.  Basically the icon looks like a black bowling ball.  When I got my new phone, I accessed that program and had to download some software to operate it.  The program dispays all the applications (free stuff and $$$) i can get for my phone.  Last week, I received a notice that a new version of the progam was available and I downloaded it.  Since then, the program refuses to operate.

I did back up my phone a couple of months ago but I am afraid I will lose all the stuff i have put on it on it since the last backup if I try to restore my phone.

I hope this helps and i appreciate your help.

Darren

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320

I am having the same problem. I downoaded the Blackberry App World update to version. 1.1.0.24 and it locks up. Delete the application and wait a few days to see if the bug gets fixed. Check at crackberry.com or blackberry.com for news of fixed problem. The updated version was just released yesterday so be patient
New Contributor

Do not reset your phone. Delete the application. Go to "options " icon it looks like a wrench.Then click on "Advanced" ,then "Applications", scroll down to Blackberry App World, next hit "option button" is button on immediete left of scroll wheel, click "delete". Hope fully the bug will be fixed soon and then you can download it again (once fixed)
New Contributor

Here is the fix. Once you delete the app go to you "blacberry browswer" looks like a planet. Click on it.then scroll down to "home page" this should be the blackberry home page. Under "what's new" you should see an icon saying "download blackberry app world" click. Download.at end of download a window pops up saying "application downloaded" with an option of "ok" or "run" select "run" you will get an error message saying "already exits" (don't ask why) click "ok" pull battery out to reboot or use "quick pull" application to reboot (download quick pull if you don't have it later) after reboot click on icon "App World" icon like before . It will freeze for a few seconds then launch.accept user aggrement and your off to the races
Forums Advisor III

Deleting the app and reloading it from the website may also be a good option. Do a battery pull after removing it from your apps and after reloading it.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
New Contributor

Problem solved.  The solution was a little different. 

I deleted it.  pulled battery and rebooted.  Reloaded program.  The same thing happened and got frustrated.  I decided see if the clock still worked even though it was froze.  A full minute went by and the clock never changed until suddenly the program started working.

My guess is that instead of being froze, it took awhile for this new version to start for the first time.  Since then, anytime I go to this application, it works in seconds.  I guess i never really had a problem but had to wait long enough for a new program to 'sort itself out' on the BB and commense working.

Everything is good now.

Thank you all!

Darren

Forums Advisor III

Glad you got it working...enjoy your BB :smileyhappy:

Kijana
Please remember to: