Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Help -- new 8330 user

New to the bbery, new to the forum, but I've read a bit and I appreciate what the community does. I figured out how to synch my gmail account to the blackberry, but I am frustrated that I am getting both messages and e:mail in the messages folder.  I have an icon for my gmail account -- e:mails show up there nicely -- and another icon for messages, which I thought would be SMS and voicemail notifications, but the e:mails are showing up there as well.  It's not only redundant, it's annoying.  Is there any way to keep the e:mails limited to the e:mail icon, and have them not show up in the messages icon?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Help -- new 8330 user

Hi and welcome to the forums,

The message queue was designed for all messages to be displayed as well as missed Phone calls. All emails will go there, no way around it. If you look at it from a design standpoint it makes sense as a "one stop shop".

You can if you wish, break out emails and text messages. From the message queue go to OPTIONS GENERAL OPTIONS -

SMS AND EMAIL INBOXES select separate. I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but it is what it is :smileyhappy:

If you need anymore information, please ask,

If this answers your question, please place the resolution check in the post that answered your question.

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hmmm.  Ok, I did that, and I can see the separation, and I can see how that would work, except that the Messages folder now defaults to all e:mails, making it a virtual image of the e:mail icon.  I have to open the Messages menu, select View Folder, and then select the SMS folder.  Is there any way to get the Messages folder to default to SMS Inbox, so I can see those first when I open the folder?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

And that is the part that doesn't make sense to me. The initial concept was to have the one queue, so they made an Exception when texting became huge, why not continue this exception an allow the user to SELECT which goes where.

Unfortunately, they didn't.

It,s not an option.

Sorry!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Thank you.  Wasn't the answer I was looking for, but you answered my question. ;-)   More importantly, I found another icon -- there is a separate one for SMS/MMS, which is essentially exactly what I need.  Thanks!