Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Emii
My Device: Curve 8520

Help please!

Hey, I just got my bb curve 8520 today but I can't setup my email at all it said something about calling the administer for the enterprise activation password and my bbm is not working either i tried to add a friend but she said she didn't get an invite so she added me but i didn't get an invite.
how do you connect to the internet with the wi-fi if you don't have a data plan?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Euclidics
My Device: None

Re: Help please!

Hey Emii,

In order to connect to any of the applications provided by the RIM network you need a BlackBerry data plan. Without it you will not be able to use things like: BBM, Push E-Mail, AppWorld(?), most social networking applications, YouTube(?).

Euclidics

If this or any posts in this thread were helpful please Kudos the author.
If this or any posts in this thread were the solution to the topic, please accept the post as the solution so others can view it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Emii

thanks!
so i got the data pass thing so now i can go on the internet but when i try to download an app it said
HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway
The gateway recieved an invaild response from the  server when attemping to fulfill your request. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider.
how do i fix this?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Euclidics

Hey,

Try registering through the HRT: Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now.

After that pull the battery while the phone is turned on wait 10 seconds toss it back in and fire er up.

Should be working from there.

Euclidics

If this or any posts in this thread were the solution to the topic, please accept the post as the solution so others can view it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Emii

I sucessfuly downloaded fb and twitter but now there is another problem!
when i tried logging into twitter it said "could not find a service book entry IPPP" and for fb it said "you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application. If you want to use this app, please contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan."  But i just got the data pass thing!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Euclidics

[ Edited ]

Hey,

Login to your providers BIS website and click help > and resend yourself your service books. Once you've done that you should hopefully be good to go.

An easy way to get the service books as well is to simply call your carrier and just ask them to resend your service books.

Euclidics

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Emii

BIS?
how come i still can't setup my email even though i have the data pass? i need the enterprise activation password where do i get that? where do i contact the administer?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Euclidics

Sounds like you have a BES data package if any at all. You need to make sure you have the BIS data package through your carrier. In short the difference is BIS is for personal use and BES (Enterprise) is for company use or business use.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Emii

So what can I do now?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Euclidics

Get ahold of your provider ensure that you have a BIS capable data package and that they have sent you your service books.

Please use plain text.