Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: 9360 Curve
My Carrier: Singtel
Accepted Solution

Help with BB 9360 OS upgrading

Hello all, this' my first post here, so I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but I'd like some help on my 9360 Curve.

Recently I acquired a need for Japanese input in my Blackberry and have done some surfing around the net, including this forum for help.

Subsequently, I downloaded OS for installation, first try 7.0.0.400/jAllLang from WIND Mobile and the second attempt of OS 7.0.0.319- BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.1555 (All Languages - jAllLang under recommendation from the support forums

After following the steps to 'reload' my OS from the 'How to Reload Your Operating System' thread also from said forums which included backing up the phone, using the BB Desktop Manager and Loader.exe, my phone still has yet to provide the option for Japanese input.

Currently its software version is at 7.0 Bundle 1555 or so the Desktop Manager and my phone shows.

Note that my knowledge and familarity with this device is nowhere near proficient, so I probably might have messed up somewhere or my technological illiteracy probably confused me with the OS versions and steps.

Really appreciate any help concerning this, or if any alternative ways to get the language in. Need to get Japanese input on the phone ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: Help with BB 9360 OS upgrading

Hi! Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for your question on adding japanese input on your BlackBerry.

I want to ask though, is the operating system you downloaded from your carrier or a different carrier/country? If no, have you deleted the vendor.xml file?

If yes, I suggest to reconnect your phone on a PC and open desktop manager, click on application (it may take moments to load). There you can see different apps and languages. If there is Japanese there click the small + button beside it and install it.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
My Device: 9360 Curve
My Carrier: Singtel

Thank you so much! I thought it would be an automatic installation. Seems to be working now.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Fantastic! Glad I was able to help.

Enjoy! Smiley Happy
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.