Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Help with BBM please

Hi

Slightly complicated but I hope someone can help me.

I cannot use my BBM app at the moment as I cannot remember my password.

I cannot reset my password as my Username ID is an invalid email address that no longer exits but the reset password link gets sent to it.

So basically catch 22.

Wondering how I can get around this without deleting the BBM and losing all my contacts.

Many thanks for any advice

Pete

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Help with BBM please

Hi xpeterpx

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

There are a few ways by which we can reset our BlackBerry ID password , But most important we should have a valid email address or we should have access to that email address. If we have a invalid or the email which we cannot access then the chances are limited  and the only solution to that is to Create a new BlackBerry ID .So I am sorry you have to create a new BlackBerry ID.  Please remember the email address that you use,should have  access through a desktop browser to keep record of the account notification emails.You can use a Gmail or Yahoo account . First do your device Backup then  go through this Knowledge Base and create a new .

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

Many thanks for the reply -i thought a wipe might be the case.

I assume that I can back up everything from my phone-I have hundreds of tracks and photos I cant lose!Can they all be saved in desktop manager and restored safely once my new ID is created

And is a restore safely done so I wont lose anything etc..

Thanks again I appreciate it

Pete

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi xpeterpx

You are most welcome..So this time take care of your BlackBerry ID and password.Good Luck and Merry Christmas.Smiley Happy

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.