Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Engadine
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Giffgaff
Accepted Solution

Help with Contacting Blackberry

Hi

Hopefully someone will be able to assist me.  My daughter's curve 9300 has been freezing off and on for a couple of months but now is causing major issues.  The only way to resolve this is taking the battery out for a while.

As the phone was less than a year old I took it back to the shop where it was purchased, it was sent away and took 2 weeks to be returned.  They initally said there was no fault with the phone but then said it wasn't actually looked at as the casing had been changed.  My daughter managed to break the original casing so it was replaced with exactly the same black casing.  They are refusing to do anything despite the phone not being fit for purpose i.e not working correctly.

I have spent the past week fighting with the retailer but to no avail, they just don't have any customer service and are not interested.

Can anyone advise how I contact Blackberry in the UK please.

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Help with Contacting Blackberry

Hello,
You can reload the Operating System on your daughter's curve, is it running on OS 5 or 6?, you could increase the speed by downgrading to 5 but that would make you lost BlackBerry Messenger 7 that has BBM Voice.
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Engadine wrote:

I have spent the past week fighting with the retailer but to no avail, they just don't have any customer service and are not interested.

Can anyone advise how I contact Blackberry in the UK please.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To answer your specific question...RIM provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user. Contractually, you have no free path by which to bypass the shop you are working with and attempt any formal escalation to RIM...as your warranty service provider, they have responsibility to service your warranty under it's contractual terms. I suspect that, when you read your actual contract, you will discover that they are indeed correct in their assessment.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

But, all in all, from your description, I might not hold out much hope...if you have indeed voided the terms of your warranty, then that's pretty much the end of it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Engadine
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Giffgaff

Thanks Sdgardne for taking the time to respond