Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
oreoluwa
My Device: curve 9360

Help with backup

I use a curve 9360 and in order to upgrade my OS, I have been trying to backup my data.

I have installed the blackberry desktop software and connect it successfully to my device, however, once I start the back up options, the data starts to back up, it backs up BB contact, e.t.c and when it gets to 'backing up smart card options', it just takes forever in this stage. I have had to leave it at this stage for up to 2 hours! and it still hasnt gone beyond this. Please does anyone know what to doo? (I have tried removing my media card before backing up, i even tried removing my sim before backing up and experienced the same difficulty).

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Help with backup

Hi oreoluwa

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you are having problem backing up and it stuck at smart card database , you can try a selective backup.For further Instruction look at this Knowledge Base article :

KB29522 "Error backing up databases" message is generated at Smart Card Options database when backing up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
jpwv64
My Device: 9360

I am having the same issue. I tried your suggestion of using selective back up. This only switches the back up to the next file.

Fisrt it stopped on SMART CARD

second it stopped on SHORT CUT SETTINGS

third it stopped on SERVICE BOOK 10 of 10

There must be something causing the back up to stop. Are we exceeding a file limitation on our PC's? Is there a program issue with the phone not allowing a full back up?

We cant keep Unselecting files when the idea is to save all of this info for later use which in our case we'll need immediately.

Please help - any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
oreoluwa
My Device: curve 9360

Thanks Prince,

I dont seem to be able to even find the option to uncheck as you suggested.

I'm getting really fed up with the situation.

Is anyone able to tell what the problem is exactly? Is it peculiar to the 9360? 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
conorcccc
My Device: Curve 9320

To uncheck backup options go to: Device Options--->Backup---> Preferred Backup Settings--->Backup Type: Custom.
It will then show a menu of which you can select what you back up and don't.
Really hope this helps! Good Luck!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to like someone's post if it was useful!
Please use plain text.