Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
huntclubpm
My Device: Not Specified

Help with outlook synchronization

I am trying to setup my new curve. I used to have the 7130 and it synchronized fine with outlook 07.

I have the new curve, but it won't give outlook as an option. I am running XP with outlook 07.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Help with outlook synchronization

Desktop Software and Outlook 2007 have some problems as far as I read in these forums. I suggest you use Desktop software 4.2 and see if you can get it to work.

Please let me know if this works, or you need more info.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
huntclubpm

I used Desktop Software, 2.2, but now the computer wont recognize the phone when it is plugged in. What would be the next step?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pxtxrdh

Okay, after 4 hours, I finally resolved this awful issue that I too experienced.

I had a message that stated, "Blackberry Desktop Manager has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..."

And a second message that states, "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the problem and notify you if a solution is available."

So I went to the Blackberry site here and they told me to delete my calendar off my device DO NOT DO THIS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!!!!

Fortunately my husband also has a BB Curve 8330 and I just downloaded his calendar right before the crash. Now here is how you get rid of "Intellisync" off your computer to be able to sync after a crash if you are using Vista (I also have MS Outlook 2007):

If you getting an error message on calendar sync delete the "intellisync"
folder and then resync. The folder will be rebuilt.

The folder on my computer is under Users/"me"/AppData/Roaming/Research in
Motion/Blackberry/

After this, I was able to sync absolutely beautifully! Good luck to all of you who have been suffering from lack of information on the BB site.:smileywink:

PS I had to visit the "Crackberry" site to get this useful information. I couldn't get it from BB or Verizon.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=1877&query.id=90777#M...

Same solution found on this forums using the search box at the left hand corner of the page. Search word intellisync.

Just FYI !

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.