Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
maozhao
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Hi Everyone!

Greetings!

You may call me Mao, I'm from the Philippines :smileyhappy:

I know it’s supposed to be an introduction but I'm fairly new to this community and I don't know where to post this. My devices is a BlackBerry Curve 9230 (v7.1.0.398) I had it for almost 3 months, please bare with me as I need answers :smileyhappy:

The past months I'm using my device as how I normally use other smartphones I had. I didn't really explore the devices that much. So i believe I didn't change any softwares. These past days it's giving me a problem. The trackpad seems to move by its self. I tried pressing it randomly thinking that a dirt might have been stuck somewhere along the pad, I shut it down and even rebooted it but to no avail :smileysad: Can anyone help me; it's really giving me a hard time. Although the other buttons seems to be fine,

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Hi Everyone!

[ Edited ]

Hello Mao,

Welcome aboard to BlackBerry support community forums.

Perform the below mentioned action as doing this resolves minor device related errors -

When you device is POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery. This make a reboot to your device which resolves minor issues with the BlackBerry device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
esparkinfo
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello Mao,

It's been pleasure to talk with you.

Thanks for the joining such a huge and successfully community.

Thanks,

eCommerce Web Design

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maozhao

Hello tanzim,

Thank ypu for replying and for the advise!

I observed my phone the day you replied and odd enough the trackpad or my cursor didn't moved on its own. It did move on its own during the night so I did what you suggested and fortunately enough it lessened the movements. However, now, my phone's trackpad/cursor would, sometimes, move on it's own.Then there are days that it won't and would just fucntion perfectly.

What seems to be the problem? :smileysad: Please help, Thanks in Advance!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maozhao

Hello esparkinfo!

Thank you for the greeting! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

maozhao wrote :

I observed my phone the day you replied and odd enough the trackpad or my cursor didn't moved on its own. It did move on its own during the night so I did what you suggested and fortunately enough it lessened the movements. However, now, my phone's trackpad/cursor would, sometimes, move on it's own.Then there are days that it won't and would just fucntion perfectly.

What seems to be the problem?

Hi Mao

Welcome 

So If a Battery is unable to solve thr problem . As you said your device is just 3 month old  I presume that fault is not within Trackpad , So to Rule out any software issue I prefer You Reload your device Software.It might solve the problem.

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

In addition the problem may be because of any 3 party application,So after performing a clean reload of your device software don't install any 3 party application for a few days and check if problem appear.

Please try it and let us know .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.