Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
marvie
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
Accepted Solution

Hi, am marvie. 1st time on the forum asking for help

I was using the BB 8520 curve before, and now I've bought a BB 9300 curve. The problem's that I can't get access to the BB app world with this new phone. It says the email that I'm using already exist, I'm using my old email and password that I was using whilst I was still using BB 8520 curve. Please help because I can't get any access to app world with my new phone.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Hi, am marvie. 1st time on the forum asking for help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Can I assume that you are getting this problem when you attempt the BB ID login? That would normally be the place to see this. If you are attempting to create a new BB ID, yet using the exact same credentials, that would explain the error message. What you instead need to do is to log into that existing BB ID on this new BB...that should shift the association of your BB ID away from the old BB and over to this new one.

If that does not help, then please provide the exact steps you are conducting, the exact results of each step, and the exact and complete content of any error messages presented.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
marvie
My Device: blackberry curve 9300

Hi

When I log into my existing BB ID with this new device it kepts saying: an error has occurred. Please try again later. And when I try to create a new ID it says: an account with this email address already exists. Please use a different email address.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

marvie wrote:
And when I try to create a new ID it says: an account with this email address already exists. Please use a different email address.

Exactly as expected...you cannot create something that already exists.

marvie wrote:

When I log into my existing BB ID with this new device it kepts saying: an error has occurred. Please try again later.

While not quite exact, please refer to the remedy steps listed in this KB:

• KB25882 "An error has occurred. Please try again later" is displayed when the user attempts to login to BlackBerry App World

Also, are all voice-related services working fine? Voice calls? Voice Mails? SMS?

Are you subscribed, from your mobile service provider, to a plan that enables the BB-proprietary data services? Typically, a generic data plan is not adequate...a BB-specific plan is required.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code