Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Rawson2551
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: MTN

Hidden BlackBerry folder on Media Card

[ Edited ]

I recently bought my girlfriend a 8520 Curve. Not even a week later she told me that she had uploaded 40 songs onto it and only 6 where showing when she went to her music player. I couldn't find anything on the actual phone, so plugged it into my computer. There I found that the BlackBerry folder on the media card was hidden. I tried going properties unhide, which work on all the other folders, but it didn't work. What can you suggest I try/do next????

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
runyamhere
My Device: 8520 * Z10 * Q10 * Z30
My Carrier: 8.ta

Re: Hidden BlackBerry folder on Media Card

[ Edited ]

The first step would be to open the media folder, press menu, choose “explore“ there should be media card and device memory, open media card, then blackberry, music see if the songs are there, you can repeat the process for device memory. On your PC go to My Computer, open the blackberry or removable disk, go to Tools, Folder Options, choose View tab, under Advanced Settings look for “Hidden files and folders” click the “Show hidden files and folders” Apply, then Ok the Hidden files will be revealed. Right click the one you want to unhide, go to Properties, under General tab look for Attributes, tick the one Read-only and untick Hidden, apply. You can now repeat the process for hiding the files again so that the BBthumbs and other hidden system files wont show. Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rawson2551
My Carrier: MTN

That's exactly where I went and what I did. The songs are in the BlackBerry (Media Card) folder, it just doesn't let you unhide it, whether it be on the phone or a computer...
Please use plain text.
ilza88
My Device: Cure 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

same problem, found a solution yet?
Please use plain text.
Visitor
MsHectic
My Carrier: Vodacom

Same problem but I can view mine when I eplore but always I have to go and explore for me to view them. Can't I unhide them ??
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
runyamhere
My Device: 8520 * Z10 * Q10 * Z30
My Carrier: 8.ta

It might be a bug in the software, tested on mine, I can hide/unhide the BlackBerry folders or any individual items in the folder. You can try to do a software update, the latest I know of is v5.0.0.1682

Please use plain text.