Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
KimberlyM
My Device: Curve 8300
Accepted Solution

Hidden picture folder?

I accidently clicked hidden on the properties of a folder I made to store pictures in within my phone. How do I find the hidden folder, as it no longer shows up? And make it un-hidden?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,977
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hidden picture folder?

You must be IN the folder in which the hidden folder is located and click the Menu key > Show All.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
KimberlyM
My Device: Curve 8300

I have tried that. When I go into view pictures, where the list of folders is, and click menu, there is no show all, if I try to create another folder with the same name I get a message that states "Directory already exists". I know how to do the show all for hidden Icons, just cannot find the hidden folder within my camera's stored pictures.

JSanders

Close your pictures folder with Menu > Close.

Go to your Media icon and press Menu > Explore and now navigate to the folder in which the "hidden" folder is located and press Menu > Show Hidden.

If the Show Hidden function is not present in the Menu, then you are not within the folder where the hidden folder is located.

When you do find the hidden folder, it will still be "ghosted" and with it highlighted, press Menu > Properties and UNclick the "hidden" property.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
unlimited101
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

I followed the steps above and it worked for some pictures. But for me, the entire Pictures folder itself is hidden and when I can't see it.

And when I follow the above steps I can see the box next to 'Hidden' but its grey and I can't click/unclick it. Any idea why that is?

Kerry_91
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

ive hidden a folder, and ive tried all this to try and get it un-hidden but the option to 'explore' doesnt even come up?!?!? 

help!! 

Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Is this a picture folder? or random folder on the desktop? explain what you have done please.

(fyi, you typically can get faster assistance when you create your own thread, opposed to posting in a "solved" thread)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor
Peetakzn
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone

I have the same problem.... You must listen to the person... Initail problem.... We cannot retrieve or see this hidden folder at all... We cannot find it to un-hide it... there is no option to retrieve hidden folders or to un-hide them
JSanders

Peetakzn wrote:
I have the same problem.... You must listen to the person... Initail problem.... We cannot retrieve or see this hidden folder at all... We cannot find it to un-hide it... there is no option to retrieve hidden folders or to un-hide them

Follow the suggestions posted above by me.

Knowledge Base Updates