Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Nerd2the3rd
My Device: Not Specified

Hierarchy of fuzzy mouse (trackball)

I jus upgraded from the 8730e to the Curve 8330.  Love the switch.  Interesting comparison in the priority of user vs. internal functions.

It seems the phone will do what it needs to do regardless of what the user wants to do.  example is the use of the fuzzy mouse. 

Here is one example; If I call someone and wish to put them on speaker phone, however I have some pauses pre-programmed into the phone number to get through some automated switchboards. I have to use the mouse to scroll down to speakerphone.  The phone will not recognize any mouse commands until after the pre-programmed pauses are executed. 

Another example is trying to scroll while the phone is in communication with the server (the little blue arrows are active).  The scroll will not work until that comminucation is completed.  The phone will remember how many clicks of the scroll I have executed as well as what buttons I have pushed, then execute them all once it decides my commands are in the priority chain. 

Anyone famiiar with this and is there an upgrade to fix this?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Hierarchy of fuzzy mouse (trackball)

No fix for this that I am aware about. I guess I can only suggest that you are patient and wait for the pre-programmed pauses to finish. I have experienced this myself and it exists after any upgrade that I have performed. Haven't seen anyone complain about it before either so I don know if this would even be on the plate to be fixed in future updates.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nerd2the3rd
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Hierarchy of fuzzy mouse (trackball)

Thank you for the insight. 

Leave it to me to be the only one complaining about something.  I suppose I would have never noticed the issue if I didn't have the side wheel first.

Please use plain text.