Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
aspauldo
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Credo/Sprint

Home screen icons disappearing and 'hang up' key not working

My device is a Curve 9330 running OS 6.0 Bundle 1659.  This phone has worked great for several months.  I  noticed that the red 'hang up' key stopped working a few days ago.  Around that time, I installed a few apps which have worked fine, except I noticed that one, the New York Time Crossword, did not show up on the menu.  I could run the app fine from AppWorld.  Today, I noticed that my messages icon is gone. 

I have uninstalled the apps I recently installed, and have performed several battery pulls.  Nothing is fixing this.  I cannot end a call and I cannot get my icons to appear (even in Show All mode).

Help!

Allen

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: Home screen icons disappearing and 'hang up' key not working

Hello

Truthfully I'm a bit puzzled in how to assisst you.

1. Icon missing: let's try re-sending your service books: go to options > host routing table ....now click on menu key and register.

Now do a battery pull while phone is ON.

If this restores your missing icons...then make a call and see if it can be ended.

If End call still not working: make sure the key is properly seated in the housing (was the phone dropped) ....signs of this is key feeling "hard" and needing more pressure.
Tilt the phone and see if flush or just slightly raised....if it is press down on raised part it will click in.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aspauldo
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Credo/Sprint

Re: Home screen icons disappearing and 'hang up' key not working

I have reset my home screen, so that problem is solved.  As for the 'end' key, it feels normal.  The phone has not been dropped.  The key can be used to turn the phone off, but it no longer works for closing screens to go directly to the home screen, nor can I end calls.  I have to turn the phone off to end a call, or hope the other person hangs up.

Allen

Please use plain text.