Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Bertology
My Device: 9220 curve
My Carrier: Sun cellular philippines

Re: Host Routing Table empty

I have the same problem with my 9220 curve, host route table is still empty, how can I fix problem? Need help urgently
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Bertology wrote:
I have the same problem with my 9220 curve, host route table is still empty, how can I fix problem? Need help urgently

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your BIS configuration for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Marktspark
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi, I've tried a few times to do this but I still can't get it to work.

i have seen the registration sent message but I have yet to receive a reply from blackberry, is there something else I need to do.

many thanks to anybody that can help with this, I have tried Vodafone in store and on the phone and they claim its not their fault

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Marktspark wrote:

i have seen the registration sent message but I have yet to receive a reply from blackberry, is there something else I need to do.

No...there is no more you can do. That message must be received. There is no option.

Marktspark wrote:

I have tried Vodafone in store and on the phone and they claim its not their fault 

Then you need to escalate with them. The HRT is the method of your BB registering to their data network...if the HRT response does not arrive to your BB, then your BB is not properly registered to the Vodafone data network. And only they have access to the "behind the scenes" systems necessary to determine why this is not working as it should...no one here has such access. So you must escalate with Vodafone, possibly into RIM if Vodafone cannot figure it out...but Vodafone must be involved from the start...you can only receive escalation from Vodafone...you have no path to bypass them.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hariprasath
My Device: blackberry torch 9860
My Carrier: airtel india

I got the torch 9860 when i try to register it shows

registration message queued. it will be sent once data coverage is available

does host routing registration need internet service to be activated or not........help me........i havent activate the internet service yet in device

What is the use of this registration??????

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

hariprasath wrote:

I got the torch 9860 when i try to register it shows

registration message queued. it will be sent once data coverage is available

does host routing registration need internet service to be activated or not........help me........i havent activate the internet service yet in device

What is the use of this registration??????

Hello,

It is hard to be precise...there could be many specific definitions about what "the internet service" is in your situation. But, in general, yes...activation of a proper BB data plan is a prerequisite for taking these steps, for these steps act upon that very service, provided by your carrier.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
ali5yusef
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: Touch Lebanon

[ Edited ]

Hello i'm having same problem on my aunts phone the service was working and the 3G with the bb sign beside for a sudden it disappeared the bb sign and it's 3g alone or small edge, i tried the host routing table but can't find anything to register and tried the diagnostic test still same, tried my number which is registered with BIS on same phone and same problem pin

Edit: PIN removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Terms & Conditions and Support Community Guidelines for additional information.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

ali5yusef wrote:
i tried the host routing table but can't find anything to register

I'm not sure what that exactly means, but the steps to do this are clearly documented in the KB linked from post 12 above...it does not matter which line, in the HRT screen is selected...you simply press the menu key and select "Register Now", then wait for the required message to arrive in your Messages app.

If you are unable to properly complete all of the steps in post 12 above, then you need to contact your mobile service provider for formal assistance.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Omcwin
My Device: Blackberry 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the info, on the TOP right hand corner it show 3G , I tried to send messages to register from the Host Routing Table, there was no response, but it shows message sent
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Omcwin wrote:
Thanks for the info, on the TOP right hand corner it show 3G , I tried to send messages to register from the Host Routing Table, there was no response, but it shows message sent

Given that result, you need to talk to your mobile service provider. It is there network that sends the HRT entries to your device, and only they can look at their network to determine why it is not doing so.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.