Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kcolburn2002

Hourglass again...

So at the beginning of this last week I got my very first Blackberry, a curve to be exact and I love it, when things are good.  But I've spent more time when things are "bad" or at least what I believe as bad.  Here's my story...

When I got my blackberry curve 8330 it was great but a couple days in I got this random flashing Hourglass and the battery started to drain like crazy, I took it back to US Cellular telling them what was going on and although they said they didn't know what was wrong they sent me a new one UPS the next day so I was happy took my new phone in got contacts tansfered in and had it up and running and everything going great, but then this morning, the new one has a flashing hour glass again...  Is this maybe me being a new to the device doing something wrong?  At first I thought I was leaving apps open so I went into it and made sure nothing but the major 5 were open, still flashing hourglass.  Then I deleted all texts/emails/internet history thinking maybe just maybe too little memory, still no good.  I also attempted shutting the phone off and taking the battery out for a few minutes still no good.  So here I am hoping someone here can possibly give me some tips  on what to do or what I'm doing wrong that would be great.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Hourglass again...

hello,

you have three very interesting pages about battery drain and hourglass. Please read ahead :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=738

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi, just to verify your memory usage please forward

the file free and file total numbers from OPTIONS STATUS.

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kcolburn2002

File Free:  45828900 Bytes

File Total: 83623936 Bytes

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]

Hi,

It doesnt look like you are having memory issues.

So least we have verified the problem lies elsewhere.

Thanks,

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-31-2008 07:08 PM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kcolburn2002

Hey Xandrex, thanks for the link to that but sadly none of that which was included in there or any other posts, that I've found at least, have been able to help with what I've run into.  Would doing a restore on the phone require me to contact US Cellular to get it activated again.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Just my opinion but the two devices having the exact same problem, without you really changing anything is not a coincidence. I would get another phone, and specify a different lot , or batch be used.

Why pay for a device that either has to be fixed immediately, or has a major flaw that is causing this, you may reload the software, but there may be a unrecoverable or unresolved flaw.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kcolburn2002

I called US Cellular and they had me download an update to my phone and reset and thus far the problem is gone, only based on a couple of hours, I'll put another post up in the next couple of days to let it be known if this fixed the problem or if it returned.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

That's great!

Please let us know so we can add the resolved post to our database.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.