Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Privatet
My Device: Curve
Accepted Solution

How Do I Delete An Unknown Icon On My Status Bar - Pls Help!

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me pls. Over the weekend I noticed an icon i've never seen before come up on my Status Bar, it looks like a Games Joust Stick symbol. Does anyone know how I can delete this pls, it's very annoying. 

Thanking you in advance. X

Elite II
prince2012

Re: How Do I Delete An Unknown Icon On My Status Bar - Pls Help!

Hi Privatet

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you tried a Battery pull restart ? If not then do it like this device Powered ON remove the battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back . after reboot see if icon disappear.

Or it might be any notification from app world ,open your main message box see if any unread message is there, or Highlight a date say today  then press the menu key > Click on " Mark Prior Read "  then perform another battery pull restart as mentioned above.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Privatet

Thanks for your reply, I've done both things u suggested, but the **bleep** icon is still there :-( Thanks for trying. x

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

What device model your using and what is the OS version? You mentioned Curve but there various versions of Curve available in the market.

Check the below link for knowing the commonly used icons on BlackBerry smartphones -

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/16527/

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Elite II
prince2012

Hi Privatet

Go through the link Tanzim provided and see if you see any familier  Inaddition if you can post a ScreenShot of your device it might help  How to post a screen shot of your BlackBerry . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Privatet

Hi,

I've got a 9320. I should of mention, the icon also has a red circle with a white star in the middle, someone at work said it looks like a games invite, but I've looked at my games and can not see an indicator for an invite. Grr... Cheers for yr help!

New Contributor
Privatet

Done that, looks like I've have to do a screen shot later. Cheers x
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Privatet wrote:

Hi,

I've got a 9320. I should of mention, the icon also has a red circle with a white star in the middle, someone at work said it looks like a games invite, but I've looked at my games and can not see an indicator for an invite. Grr... Cheers for yr help!

Image of new notification indicator is it like this?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
Privatet

Hi All, Thanks for all your suggestions yesterday, but I somehow seem to of sorted the problem myself, last night I decided to take the battery out allnight, I put it back on my phone this morning, and to mt surprise, the icon had disappeared. Yippee! X
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Privatet

Good to know that your issue has been resolved  :smileyhappy: So Once again Battery removal did the trick .