Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

agunodm
My Device: Curve 8230

How Do I Wipe Data from a BB Curve that won't come on?

My BB Curve died yesterday on me and it was under warranty. To get the $160 credit for it under the warranty plan, I need to send it back.  The problem is that it has all kinds of data on it... account numbers, personal information (birthdates, addresses, numbers, etc.) of 800 people in the  directory,

But since it  won't come on, I'm stumped. How do I wipe it? I've tried changing the battery out time and again, I've tried connecting the charger with and without the battery, I've tried connecting the data cable to maybe access the phone to wipe it--all to no avail. 

The pop-up I get when I plug it into my computer says: "USB Device Not Recognized." 

Short of applying a hammer to it (in which case I lose the warranty), how do I reliably wipe the data from it?

Please advise. 

Thank you,

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: How Do I Wipe Data from a BB Curve that won't come on?

Hello agunodm

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you're device is dead then its not an easy task to wipe that device , But there are a few methods and some third party software which you can use to wipe and if succesful you may be able to recover your device also .

At first I suggest try this Kmowledge Base, if you're successful then it will delete all data within your device and also will get your device working :

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Or you can try JL_Cmder , which you can find it here http://www.blackberryfreaks.com/JL_Cmder.html

So try it and let us know .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.