Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
lj123
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How To Mask Connection Point for Instant Messenger

When I log into MSN Instant Messenger (IM) using my Blackberry Curve, all my contacts see that I am On-Line but that I am connected via a Mobile Device.  Is there a way to change the IM connection to mask the fact that I am accessing IM from a mobile device?  I would like my access point to be transparent to my contacts and not show whether I am connected via my computer or my cell phone?  Is this possible?

New Contributor
BrianJ
My Device: Curve 8330 with Verizon

Re: How To Mask Connection Point for Instant Messenger

lj123 wrote:

When I log into MSN Instant Messenger (IM) using my Blackberry Curve, all my contacts see that I am On-Line but that I am connected via a Mobile Device.  Is there a way to change the IM connection to mask the fact that I am accessing IM from a mobile device?  I would like my access point to be transparent to my contacts and not show whether I am connected via my computer or my cell phone?  Is this possible?

I have looked at this myself and no there is not away to do this as for some service providers will charge a fee to send the message so they have to warn that individual that its going to a cell phone.