Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
tcrane04
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How can I get rid of the calendar icon that's showing on the top right of my screen?

I can't figure out why the calendar icon is only showing when locked? When I unlock it it's not telling me I've missed anything and the icon isn't there so I can't figure out where's it coming from to delete it. Help!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: How can I get rid of the calendar icon that's showing on the top right of my screen?

Try a Battery Pull:
1. Remove the battery while phone is turned on
2. Wait a few seconds before inserting it again
3. Allow the long boot up process to finish (takes a few minutes usually)

This clears most software issues that occur on blackberries from time to time. You could also use Quickpull, a free app that simulates a battery pull without physically removing the battery: http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=27660
A battery pull reclaims memory lost during application usage and clears minor software errors that creep in over time. The blackberry runs an OS just like your PC runs windows and the battery pull is the equivalent of a reboot/restart on your computer.
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tcrane04
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How can I get rid of the calendar icon that's showing on the top right of my screen?

Thanks for the app suggestion, I downloaded it and it worked, the icon is gone. I'll be sure to do this every so often to keep my phone cleaned up.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Glad everthing is working again!

Welcome to the forums btw :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Please use plain text.