Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
meaganicole
My Device: 9105
My Carrier: Virgin

How can I install back the language pack after upgrading the BB version for the Curve 9300?

How can I install back the language pack after upgrading the BB version for the Curve 9300?

Before I upgraded my blackberry software/firmware, my software/firmware was 1875, after when I upgraded from 1875 to 2475, the language pack then went missing.

I then found another version of east asian from Vodafone which is the same one as mentioned above, 1875, I can't seem to install the language pack back in after when I've upgraded my phone software.

I've deleted the old version of the software in my BB from my computer. My network is Vodafone.

Is there a way to reinstall the version 1875 language pack, install it into 2647 language pack? I don't want to load it

back into the old version 1875, but to load it in the new version of 2647.

Is there a way to do it?

Please use plain text.
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: How can I install back the language pack after upgrading the BB version for the Curve 9300?

Hey meaganicole,

This blog post may help you to get additional languages installed on to your BlackBerry smartphone.

How to install additional languages on your BlackBerry smartphone

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maniaco
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G Smartphone
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: How can I install back the language pack after upgrading the BB version for the Curve 9300?

Hey.
You could try connecting your Blackberry to your computer and running the Blackberry desktop software, browse through the applications folder (if I'm mistaken, just look through the rest of the sub folders on the top left). There should be several different uninstalled languages to be found.
Please use plain text.