Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ricodeniro
My Device: Not Specified

How come most webpages don't open fully on my Curve? PLEASE HELP

I have several webpages that either give me a white screen on them, others that give me an Error 500 mesage, and even my Yahoo home page wont open it gives me an error 550 message.

Someone told me I should have Windows mobile 6 or higher, but does Blackberry support that?

I'm ready to take it in for a refund, because I can't view webpages like I had hoped.

Contributor
javatyger
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: How come most webpages don't open fully on my Curve? PLEASE HELP

It sounds like you don't have 1) A proper data plan - some do not allow web surfing and block most of it. or 2) Your settings are wrong for brower configuration. Go to options - advanced options - browser. Your default for the 1st two should be internet explorer. If you can't change them, then you don't have a proper data plan or it's been blocked(if on a BES). Good luck. Posted via my 8330. :-)
-- Lonnie (aka javatyger)
New Contributor
ricodeniro

Hi Lonny, I should have a data plan. They said it would cost me $29.95 more per month at Verizon to have unlimited internet and email access. When I went into the advanced settings as you suggested the default brower just says Internet Browser, and doesnt let me toggle to anything else. Problem still not fixed
Tony999

I have Verizon and have the same problem, when I open an email I see a bunch of website address's. clicking on them results in either an error or a part of the website, I also have the unlimited plan. When I had my iphone clicking on an email took me right to the web page.
New Contributor

Lonnie,

Is this to imply you can load IE on the curve? The Blackberry browser is terrible.

New Contributor
jwgraves

Try the OperaMini browser, it can view almost any webpage...

http://www.operamini.com/download/

Regular Contributor
tschweitzer
My Device: 8310

[ Edited ]

No you can not install internet explorer. I think he meant to say internet browser. That is the setting under browser options. Opera mini is a good option, also you may want to make sure you have HTML turned on.

To do this open your browser, then press the BlackBerry button then select options then select browser configuration then change the show images to on wml and html pages.

Message Edited by tschweitzer on 07-24-2008 10:24 AM