Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

ffillmorejr
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How do I auto delete e-mail and other messages after a certain period of time?

I am a new BlackBerry user and have searched all over the web and the docs.  How do I set my BlackBerry to auto-delete e-mail messages (from the BlackBerry only) after they age a certain amount - say 2 days?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: How do I auto delete e-mail and other messages after a certain period of time?

Go to the Messages application.  Hit the menu key and select Options.  Select General Options.  Scroll down to where it says "Keep Messages" and set as desired.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
ffillmorejr
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How do I auto delete e-mail and other messages after a certain period of time?

Thanks for the rapid response.  Any way to make the duration shorter than 15 days?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

No, that's the shortest amount of time offered. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.