Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

macieks
My Device: Curve 9360

How do I delete all operating software and return to the "factory settings" level?

Hi there, I have a BB Curve 9360 and it repeatedly crashes, the battery dies and the handset freezes for no apparent reason. Yesterday I received "java exception errors" which are not documented anywhere.

I wanted to find out how to wipe the whole phone and re-install the OS 7.1 however there is nowhere on your website which deals with this issue or how to wipe completely my phone. I used the BB wipe function (enter the password incorrectly a few time) however this has not resolved the issue either.

Please assist.

Kind regards, Maciek

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: How do I delete all operating software and return to the "factory settings" level?

macieks wrote:

Yesterday I received "java exception errors" which are not documented anywhere.

I wanted to find out how to wipe the whole phone and re-install the OS 7.1 however there is nowhere on your website which deals with this issue or how to wipe completely my phone. I used the BB wipe function (enter the password incorrectly a few time) however this has not resolved the issue either.

Hi macieks

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Well .. There are multiple post related to such error , searching those forums using the search option provided at the top right corner could have helped you .

Regarding your query , here are the Knowledge Base you asked :

To perform a Security wipe :

KB14058 : How to delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Security Wipe

option

To Reload your Device OS refer :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

As you already performed a wipe within your handheld , you can try an OS reload by following the above KB. to resolve your issue with this java error . But  most often those errors were caused by any application that you had Installed on your device. So after reload don't install all of your third party apps at the same time , Install one application at a time , also don't restore everything from your backup choose selective restore , restore only your contacts , calendar entries , memopad etc. 

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.