Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
maciocia
My Device: curve 9320

How do I enter the "-" (dash) in the MEP code when trying to unlock it?

my mep appears to be 30218-002. cant type it cause of the dash?

blackberry curve 9320

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: How do I enter the "-" (dash) in the MEP code when trying to unlock it?

An unlock code doesn't have a dash in it. That's not the correct code.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maciocia
My Device: curve 9320

then maybe how do i get the correct MEP code?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You need to purchase an upcoming code from a reputable vendor. There are tons of them online. A quick Google search will being up many hits.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
troy34
My Device: curve 8520

- On your BlackBerry, hold ALT and press E-A-C-E (2*92)
- The Help Me! Menu will open up, this will contain the information you will
need to access the MEP number

- Download this file
www.freemyblackberry.com/download/blackberry_reader.exe

- Enter the information that the generator asks for (device PIN, uptime, version, etc) all exactly as it is, including parenthesis/brackets
- You will receive an 8-character PIN code (not your BBM PIN), you must stay on the page you're on
- Whilst still in the Help Me! Menu, type that PIN code just as you would text it, it is not case sensitive
- If you've entered the PIN correctly, a new screen will appear called the Engineering Screen
- Scroll down and select OS Engineering Screens
- Furthermore, select Device Info
- This page contains many different numbers and parameters for your phone, you will need to scroll down and find the one labelled MEP
- You have found your MEP number! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

All good info but this poster needs an unlock code. The MEO # does no good. He must take the brand, type of device, and IMEI to a reputable unlocker for an unlock code.
Please use plain text.