Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
capecarlo
My Carrier: Vodafone

How do I make use of my International Warranty???

[ Edited ]

To whom it may concern,

I am consulting ths forum in the hope to receive an answer in how to make use of my International Warranty. I am a proudly user of a Blackberry Curve 9300, which I purchased in the second half of 2011 in South Africa. I am however struggling with my Blackberry's Trackpad for about three to for month now. It stops functioning periodically. Most of the time it was necessary to remove the battery and restart the device, but now neither removing the battery for hours nor restarting the device several times will help. It just might work at times or it won't. Altough I have learned to navigate through most functions with the keyboard, this deficiency makes my Blackberry nearly useless and is not what I paid for.

My problem is now that I am currently living in Germany, meaning that I can't make any requests regarding warranty issues at the store/mall in which I purchased my device. I therefore want to make use of the 1 Year International Warranty as mentioned in the device's handbook. Unfortunately there is no indication on how to make use of this warranty. An Email address concerning customer services is also non-excisting. I want and need to know whom to contact in order for my device to be repaired under the conditions of that International Warranty.

I am reliant on a consistently functioning mobile device which I hoped to find with the Blackberry Curve. I am still convinced of the Blackberry devices' quality and would like to see as much quality in its customer service.

Yours sincerely,

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,748
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How do I make use of my International Warranty???

Try to contact RIM direct. See the Contact Us information from the website: http://ca.blackberry.com/contact/ The options you want to select to speak to BlackBerry Customer Care are 3 (for inquiries, orders, billing, e-RMA etc) then 5 (e-RMA and Out of Warranty). Try to get someone there to listen to you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
montyb

JSanders! I need your help brother. 3 people have told me that you are the person to talk to in regards to my problem. I changed my password to 4344 and they keeps the password is incorrect. I'm on my last attempt. Before I put in a new password it's asking me to type 'blackberry' first. Help me brother. Please!!!

Please use plain text.
JSanders

montyb wrote:

JSanders! I need your help brother. 3 people have told me that you are the person to talk to in regards to my problem. I changed my password to 4344 and they keeps the password is incorrect. I'm on my last attempt. Before I put in a new password it's asking me to type 'blackberry' first. Help me brother. Please!!!

Hey I've answered in your other thread. Hope you get this worked out.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
capecarlo

Altough an International Warranty is supposed to excist, Blackberry made no effort in providing a clear guidance in how to benefit from it. All messages sent from me to the help@rim.com address were returned to me asking me to consult other auxiliary means. I am deeply disappointed in Blackberry's non-excisting customer service. Apparantly I made a mistake in choosing Blackberry, I won't make the same mistake twice.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

capecarlo wrote:

help@rim.com

That's not a valid email address for anything other than getting direction to your valid support channels.

And, following the suggestion to this forum, you posted a thread to which I have given you the answer to what you need to do.

You haven't indicated that you've followed those suggestions. Have you?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
capecarlo

I did contact Blackberry/RIM and was told to contact the point of purchase. As there is no other option left, except repairing the device on my own, I will have to contact the store in South Africa and see if they might help me out. Yet, I see no point in offering an International Warranty if there is no establishment within RIM to contact in such an instance.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Oh ok, then you do have an answer. It is just not the answer you wanted to hear.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.