Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Mtn

How do I remove Module from Blackberry 9300

When am downloading Facebook via browser it gives me an error massage if the “research in motion contains another module named net-rim-facebook resource-lib” so I want to delete that module jah I went to Options,Device.Application management then bb Button ,modules but ther is no DELETE to remove the modules plzz help
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: How do I remove Module from Blackberry 9300

Hello tsukiemarara

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

tsukiemarara wrote:
When am downloading Facebook via browser it gives me an error massage if the “research in motion contains another module named net-rim-facebook resource-lib” so I want to delete that module jah I went to Options,Device.Application management then bb Button ,modules but ther is no DELETE to remove the modules plzz help

If you're getting any error while downloading Facbook for BlackBerry application then what you're trying is not the correct way to ractify this issue. You should first delete facebook application completely and then reinstall it to resolve your issue.

So try those steps to download it again , but first delete any existing version of facebook application from Options > Device > Application Management > locate FACEBOOK application > Highlight it > Press the Menu Key > select Delete .

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

After deleting Facebook application perform a Battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min. then reinsert it back .

Finally , use your BlackBerry browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/facebook and download the most recent version available . Try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

I wish I could come to you and do this for me bcoz I've been strugling for months nw anywae there is no Facebook on my application list the only thing there are facebook modules named like this Net-rim-bb facebook lib 1.9.0.28 and net rim-bb facebook resource 1.9.0.28
Elite II

OK .. If on application list you don't have any other version of facebook then use the above link and try to download facebook application again.

I have gone through your previous posts , so first try it and let us know if you recieve any error message while doing so

What is your current device OS version ?

Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line

Also can you confirm if your device is a new one from MTN or a used one !

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Yha I tried it,, it says failed 907 invalid COD and my version is 6.0
Elite II

So , this time you're getting a different error message !

• And what about my last question .. Is that a Used device or a new one you bought from your Carrier ?
  • Also do you have an active BIS on your account ?
  • On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services + what is the status now ?

Contributor

It is a new Device and I have the BIS- Mobile network and EDGE it written on Capital letters the first error was talking about its when I download and when it done downloading it gives me this error if 907 invalid COD
Contributor

Iam using MTN and the foun iz VoÐacom is'nt tha a problem jst wondering
Elite II

Hi there ,

Thanks for this Clarification .

Generally this error code is easily resolved if we perform a battery pull and then retry , But in my view this error appear when you're in an area where you have a low data coverage or a don't have a decent download speed .In past I have noticed many MTN user reporting issues with download speed ! Are you able to download any files around 5 MB .

As you're having this issue for almost one month , can you try installing facebook application using a computer ? To do that refer to this Knowledge Base article :

KB28715 : How to Install applications from BlackBerry App World using a Computer system

Try it and let us know.

Elite II

tsukiemarara wrote:
Iam using MTN and the foun iz VoÐacom is'nt tha a problem jst wondering

If you're device is already Unlocked and you're already using other BlackBerry applications without any issue then it's not a matter of concern .