Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
djregnick
My Device: 8520

How do you Restore BBM contacts with file extension (.rem or .con or .bak)?

My phone got whipped after a several times trying to put my correct password, As i realized it was going to whip i removed the memory card and i let whip. After whipping i insterted the memory card and tried to restore the Blackberry messenger contacts. with the old back up but all the files couldnt load then i compied some to the phone memory but it kept saying Invalid file and others couldnt copy. When i checked the file extensions they are all labelled like this "BBM-(12-08-06-17-40).con.rem or BBM-(12-08-06-17-40).bak.rem"" Any ideas on how to restore all my contacts, thats the only backup i have, thank you very much

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: How do you Restore BBM contacts with file extension (.rem or .con or .bak)?

Hi and welcome to the forums djregnick! :smileyhappy:

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101    Tips & Tricks

And don't forget: The Curve Forum

See if this KB arcticle doesn't help Encrypted Files

Let us know how you are doing and if you have any questions/issues; search in the forum for your BB model (search box at top right of page) Can't find what you're looking for? Start your own thread. Other users will be there to help.

Just be sure to keep coming back. Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
djregnick
My Device: 8520

Re: How do you Restore BBM contacts with file extension (.rem or .con or .bak)?

I cant copy the encrypted files from my device BB 8520 curve to the computer. Encryption is on and also on the media card too its turned on. The device is not locked.  what would be the problem

Please use plain text.