Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

How do you remove +44

Hi, Just got a 8520 Curve, the sim contacts are set up with normal numbers, however, when you dial a sim contact the phone show's that it is dialling +44 (as if its dialing internationallly), how do you stop the phone doing this?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How do you remove +44

Phones these days will often display the country code when receiving or saving new numbers.

This is just so that if you happen to go abroad, you will not have to add the country code to make calls or send texts.

Nor will you have to remember each contacts location (you may have many international contacts) and add their code.

If you are calling from the UK (+44) then you will not be charged an international call. The carrier will see that you are calling locally, within the country, and charge you/remove minutes from your tariff accordingly. 

It should become common practice to keep the international calling codes on so that you know where you are calling to and also so that when you are abroad, you don't have to add the prefix every time you want to contact someone.

Hope this clears up your query.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

Alternatively if you really dont want to use the '+44' you can go to your contacts that have been stored with it, click menu then edit and erase the '+44'  and replace with '07' for mobile numbers. :smileyhappy:

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310 Red
My Carrier: Vodafone IE (originally AT&T)

Hi there, I've a similar issue but is a bit more annoying I suppose.

1st I've syncronized all my contacts importing them from SIM card and from Facebook. all fine.

Then If I call an Irish mobile (08...) with the +353 in front I get a message and the number is automatically dispalyed as 0013538... (US) telling me that I'm not allowed making international calls.

I have manually to change as you said, the contact, and after this i can call but once I syncronize again the BB, the number gets updated again with +353

kinda strange. BTW I'm a newbe and prob the issue is because I'm using a Vodafone IE sim (correctly configured for sms and internet) and I purchased the phone unlocked from a friend that bought it in US through AT&T.

I went through the manual but cannot find a solution and hope somebody here can help.

Thanks in advance!

My Device: 9980
My Carrier: LIME

heres what worked for me 100%. just go phone options>smart dialing...> then for the first option with the country codes click and scrole all the way up until you get UNKNOWN and then save your settings. it will dissable the prefix dialing all together.