Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

How to Edit an Auto Signature (Curve 9300)

Dear Community,

This question is not an easy one to answer and I can not find anything on any of the community boards.  The problem = I can not edit the automatic signature on my personal e-mail.

I "already" have:

1) Several personal e-mail accounts

2) Auto signatures on all of these accounts

What I can not do is edit them.  Couple of things to note; 1) my device Message Options does not have the option to add a signature nor to edit it  2) my device Set-Up / E-mail does not open.

It is almost as if my device is missing some software.  FYI, already downloaded the latest version and I keep it up to date.

So, the last time I set up my additional personal e-mail accounts was via a link on my HH to the BIS.

The device is mine but when I worked for a bank it was added to their BES.  Ever since I have not been able to make certain changes to the device.  So additionally, if anyone knows how to "remove and change" the home webpage of my past employer and disable the password protection - that would be great news!!

Thanks in advance...J

Solutions: 6,139
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to Edit an Auto Signature (Curve 9300)

1. Please look at your Options > Security > Security Information screen. What is on that screen?

2. If there is an IT Policy located on that screen, you will need to remove that IT Policy.

See the RIM Knowledge Base article here for information on how to remove an IT Policy. See the Method Three in the link:  KB14202 How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone

3. At that point, (or perhaps now) you should be able to edit your email signature at your BIS account setup screen.

Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...

• Go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.

If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Dear JS,

Absolutely, there is an IT Policy on my device.  The company apparently does a periodic wipe of PIN's from the BES server every 3 - 6 months.  I left the firm almost a year ago.  Last update of the policy says April 2012.

Unfortunately, the solution you provided talks about the BES and I don't think this is for the average user to do.  Although the Overview is written to me the solution seems to be for an IT person.  What is the solution for getting rid of the IT policy of a giant employer ? - I don't have any contacts in IT at my old workplace.

The bank's IT Policy says "no disallowed applications".  At least they did that!

FYI, I have security wiped my device a few times.

What's next??

CUT & PASTE____________________________________________________________________________

Overview

When a BlackBerry smartphone is removed from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, the BlackBerry smartphone may retain an IT policy that was assigned to the user during the original enterprise activation, and as a result can restrict access to certain features.

To remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone, use one of the following methods:

Method 3

If using BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 to 5.0 SP4 for Microsoft Exchange, the BlackBerry Administration Service gives the option to remove any custom IT policies from the BlackBerry smartphone user's account without having to security wipe the BlackBerry smartphone. The Clear IT Policy option on the BlackBerry Administration Service will remove the custom IT policy and apply the default IT policy to the BlackBerry smartphone user's account.

1. Log into the BlackBerry Administration Service (where is this??)
  2. Navigate to BlackBerry Solution Management -> Users -> Manage Users.
  3. Select the BlackBerry smartphone users to remove the IT policy for. (sounds like the old firm has to do this)
  4. Click on Clear IT Policy for user under the Remove from User Configuration heading.

Note: This option is not available at the user level. The default IT policy will be applied by design. Please ensure that the default IT policy has not been modified in the environment when using this option.

New Contributor

Dear JS,

I forgot to mention that mobile.blackberry.com does not have "communication" when I scroll down. I looked for it before. I only show: Home Legal Support Communities

That's how I ended up surfing boards for days. Thx.
Solutions: 6,139
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ok, RIM ended up changing the numbering of the removal methods on me. You need:

Method 4

Perform a factory reset on the BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software. For more information on performing a factory reset, please see KB18998.

I just checked the www.blackberry.com/integrate method and the setup options are there.

That should work for you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code