Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
sambo1990
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

How to Remove Blackberry ID from Phone without Password

Hey People.

I have a Blackberry Curve 9300 Unlocked.

I have the Blackberry Add On to my contract.

The blackberry i own is currently 2nd hand as i bought it off the market.

I can't access Blackberry App World, everytime I try it, it comes up with someone elses e-mail (which i do not have the password for) and when i go to change it and put mine in it says "Enter the username associated with this smartphone".

I have tried everything, deleting app world and reinstalling it, holding ALT and typing RST, ringing up my network provider. I go to the part in options where "Blackberry ID" is and when i click on it it trys logging me in to the other e-mail address which I don't have the password for. I have tried plugging the device to my laptop that way and it says i need the password which i don't know.

so please could someone help me with this problem :Helpsmilie:

Sambo. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
hApS143
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: How to Remove Blackberry ID from Phone without Password

Hello !

There is an alternative for your problem to resolve.

What you do is connect your BlackBerry Smartphone with USB cable to Internet enabled desktop/laptop.

Go to the link mentioned below:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/

On top right  of the page there is a option "Register".

Here create a new BlackBerry ID by filling uo the formalities on the page.

Now "Sign In" with your BB ID and Password.

From here you can download all as you do it for Appworld.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest there time on this Message anymore.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
jills44
My Device: blackberry torch

[ Edited ]

my old blackberry broke the other day a torch, so i have purchased a new one, but i have bought it 2nd hand and cant get into blackberry app world because i dont know the password, i have a blackberry id <removed> for my old phone but it wont take this in this new handset, i have also trioed to register a new one and it also wont wrk. am at a loss what to do to resolve this problem could you please help 

jillian boyle 

EDIT: Personal Information such as e-mail is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Please use plain text.
jills44
My Device: blackberry torch

this didnt work :-(
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

jills44 wrote:

my old blackberry broke the other day a torch, so i have purchased a new one, but i have bought it 2nd hand and cant get into blackberry app world because i dont know the password, i have a blackberry id <removed> for my old phone but it wont take this in this new handset, i have also trioed to register a new one and it also wont wrk. am at a loss what to do to resolve this problem could you please help 

jillian boyle 

EDIT: Personal Information such as e-mail is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Hello,

Whoever sold you this BB did not properly complete the necessary steps to fully release the BB from all associated systems so that it can be used by others. See this for reference:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Given this situation, I fear there may be other steps that the seller did not complete, and it is completely possible that you have bought a BB that can never be used on any network anywhere (e.g., reported as lost or stolen). Hopefully, the seller is honest and, if they represented the BB as being fully functional, that they will honor that and make good on everything (e.g., either they complete all of the seller steps, replace the BB for you, or refund your money).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nhlanhlahot
My Device: 9800

Hi I would like to find out how to delete the blackberry Id cause every time I want to log in it says I must use the user name associated with this smart phone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nhlanhlahot
My Device: 9800

And I was using my blackberry id the 1 I registered with but all of a sudden I must enter the ID associated with this smart phone and my pohone is a second hand, the previoys owner I don't know.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

nhlanhlahot wrote :

And I was using my blackberry id the 1 I registered with but all of a sudden I must enter the ID associated with this smart phone and my pohone is a second hand, the previoys owner I don't know.

Hi nhlanhlanhot

Welcome to the Community

Please follow the KB and recommendation as suggested by sdgardne. After performing those step enter your BlackBerry ID credential again on prompt .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
itsmebaby
My Device: blackberry curve

I've tried this and it aint working I brought the phone of someone at a market and I don't know how to remove there blackerry I'd so I can sign in with mine please help!!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

From what I was told, the Blackberry ID is forever once it is put in, until the phone is wiped and the OS is re-installed. During the early steps of the installation the user will be asked to put in his Blackberry ID and pass key.

If you are new to Blackberry, you have to go on to the Blackberry site and make an ID account. The ID requires a working independent email account address. The Blackberry ID account password does not have to be the same as the one used for the email address. Never forget the password for either the account or the phone.

Personally, I would never buy a used phone unless I reliably knew the previous owner and can trust his word. This could end up being a big headache. There could be problems with it that do not show right away. You don't know if it has been dropped, or serviced, or abused.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.