Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to Transfer Audio Files to microSD Media Card???

I purchased music online and dowlnloaded them, then created a playlist within Roxio Media Manager. I first tried transferring them to my phone (device), but there wasn't enough disc space. So I bought a microsd media card and have been trying to save the music to the card with no luck.

When I view my devices it show the phone with the folders: Music, Pictures, Ringtones, and Videos and then it show a seperate "drive" that says media card. However i have tried copying the music to that drive, but am told it can't transfer files as it's a read only drive!

I've looked all through the help pages and basically did what it told me to do, but it's just not working. Should the media card being showing in the list itself?????

I'm going crazy!!!

Don't know if it matters, but I'm running firefox and windows 2000.

Developer

Re: How to Transfer Audio Files to microSD Media Card???

Hello,

please try to connect the device with the usb cable to the PC.

then go to "My Computer" and select the drive for the memory card. then you see the folders that are currently on the microsd-card.

then select the audio folder and copy the songs in there.

then disconnect the device from your pc and to go media -> audio. there you will find the files. 

If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)

[ Edited ]

Thank you, I just read the same advice from another posting... tried it and it worked!!!!

In the future, can I just bypass adding the music to roxio and download them straight into the blackberry folder???

THANKS A MILLION!!!

***UPDATE:

I wanted to also add the other info I found on this topic from Lynchem. Hopefully it will be of help to one of you...

"In Media Manager, do you see little locks by the files you are trying to transfer?  If so this means they are DRM protected and can't directly be copied over. There are some work arounds and if this is the case post it here.  If you don't see those locks, continue on: 

On your BlackBerry, go to options, media card(this might be options, advanced options, media card) Ensure that "Mass storage mode support" is set to on and "Auto enable mass storage mode when connected" is set to Yes.  If the contents of the media card can be erased, I also suggest formatting the card by pressing your menu key and select format card(remeber this erases everything from the media card)  When all that is done back out of the media card menu, saving your changes.

Now with all the BlackBerry software closed on your PC (media manager and desktop manager) plug in your BlackBerry.  Open up a My Computer.  Your BlackBerry should show up as a removable disk there, drive F a lot of the times - it normally says BlackBerry (F:smileyhappy: or something like that.  Open that drive and you shold see a BlackBerry folder.  Opening that folder will bring a lit of other folders - pictures, ringtones, music, etc.  Open the music fodler.  You can now take the songs from your computer and drag them into there.  Remember if the songs had a lock next to them in media manager that you will be able to copy them this way but they will not play on the BlackBerry.

If you wish to use media manager, you have to ensure that you drill down to the proper directory on the BlackBerry side.  In the lower left quadrant you should see something like BlackBerry[media card] - you need to expand that directory and then expand the BlackBerry directory and you will see these same folders.  Ensure you put them in the music folder."

Message Edited by layla_smit on 07-17-2008 01:36 PM
Message Edited by layla_smit on 07-17-2008 01:37 PM
Developer

Yes, simply copy them to the SDCard, not via roxio!

Easier! 

If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)

I want just hang myself onto this threat.

I have a new media card, I can see it on my computer as a drive, but how on earth do I move my already taken pictures from the blackberry onto this new  media card??

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Hudsoner wrote:

I want just hang myself onto this threat.

I have a new media card, I can see it on my computer as a drive, but how on earth do I move my already taken pictures from the blackberry onto this new  media card??

Don't hang yourself yet ! Please wait after you've read my post.

So, your pictures are stored on the internal memory of the blackberry browser. You just have to navigate with the Blackberry file explorer and move the files from one folder to the other.

to go inside the blackberry file explorer :
home screen >> media applications >> menu key >> explore

• internal memory folder : the folder is called Device Memory / pictures /
  • microSD memory card : the folder is called Media Card / Blackberry / pictures /

to move a file from one folder to the other, highlight it and hit menu key. You have a "move" entry. Choose it and select the destination folder.

Now...... you have to do that for every single picture you have taken.

Now you can hang yourself. Can I inherit your Blackberry ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thank you for the help! I'm a new Blackberry user (and have just realized why it's also called a "Crackberry") and was having some difficulty figuring out how to add music files to my MicroSD card. The forums have been extremely helpful.  Thank you!