Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Nathaliiix3
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Boost

Re: How to Unhide a hidden folder

[ Edited ]

How can i unhide my pictures and music ?

I have been having this problem for months already can someone please help me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nathaliiix3
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Boost

how about if the hidden box is blocked ?
Please use plain text.
serenashiltz
My Device: curve 9800
My Carrier: mtn

[ Edited ]

I'm getting sick and tired of my black berry 9300,I'm already in tears,I've tried every thing possible,but nothing helps! All my media files are hidden,no matter how hard I try I can't seem unhide the blackberry file!! My fone is my best friend,I can't live without it,pls if any one can help me pls email me <Personal Content Removed>
Any help will be appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

serenashiltz wrote:

I'm getting sick and tired of my black berry 9300,I'm already in tears,I've tried every thing possible,but nothing helps! All my media files are hidden,no matter how hard I try I can't seem unhide the blackberry file!! My fone is my best friend,I can't live without it,pls if any one can help me pls email me <Personal Content Removed>
Any help will be appreciated!

Hi and Welcome to the community!

All available instructions are already in this thread. Please read and try them. Unfortunately, when you say "no matter how hard I try I can't seem to unhide...", well, we have no way to know how to help you. We can't see what you see. We can't tell what you are trying. You need to be specific since 100% of what we have to go on to try and help you is what you post here...we cannot guess. So, please try what is already posted in this thread and keep track of exactly what you do and exactly what happens each step of the way...post that so that we can tell what you try and perhaps help you find a flaw in what you are trying that might get you going in the right direction (without having to guess).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
farahmz
My Device: Canada - Torch 9800
My Carrier: Celcom

Hi there,

I tried to follow the step, however its seems not work in bb. I believe my folder picture has been hidden instead of deleted. It is because when I tried to create folder used the same name an error 'Directory Already Exist' prompted on my screen.
I'm using bb torch and there is no 'explorer' option in my bb button.

Pls...really need your help :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
farahmz
My Device: Canada - Torch 9800
My Carrier: Celcom

Hi there,

I tried to follow the step, however its seems not work in my bb. I believe my folder picture has been hidden instead of deleted. It is because when I tried to create folder used the same name an error 'Directory Already Exist' prompted on my screen.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

farahmz wrote:
Hi there,

I tried to follow the step, however its seems not work in my bb. I believe my folder picture has been hidden instead of deleted. It is because when I tried to create folder used the same name an error 'Directory Already Exist' prompted on my screen.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please look at this post in this thread:

The KB linked is the proper information. And it applies ONLY to hidden folders...not deleted folders, to that's not relevant. Also, please expand on the highlighted section above...you say there is no "explorer" button...well, what is there? What steps, in that KB, are you following? There are different steps for different OS levels...which is yours?

Let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
RebootITNow
My Device: Curve 8350
My Carrier: Sprint

Thank you!  This has been irritating me for days now.  Since I setup a second e-mail account and hid the generic "Message" folder, I never knew where these alerts were coming from.  As info, i unhid the folder and there were two BlackBerry messages, as a result of my recent BlackBerry updates.

Thanks for posting and saving me from more heacaches.  I only wish I had found your post sooner - before I webt ahead and deleted all my downloaded messages from both my accounts.  :smileyindifferent:

Take care!

- Elizabeth (Reboot IT Now)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stefanvandermerwe
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: 1st

Anoyher way is to go to your menu>applications>file>filefolder>go to the folder where the hidden folder is located>press the bb menu key>go to unhide in the short menu that came up.tha hidden file wil appear in gray and you need to go to the property of file an untick hide
Please use plain text.
sinosibenjuno
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe Telecom Philippines

What if the BlackBerry folder in the Media card is hidden? And the option to undhide it  grayed out?

Your steps are actually simple but it doesnt seem to apply to this situation

Please use plain text.