Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Maverick10
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to Unhide a hidden folder

I was playing around with my BB and during the process hid one of the folders I had my family pics in. Now I do not know how to access or unhide it.

Can someone help please... Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
shibby080
My Device: 8320 Emerald

Re: How to Unhide a hidden folder

hi maverick10

go onto the page with all the icons on and click the blackberry button then scroll down to show all then all the folders will apear then for you....

hope i have helped!

All Take A Bow The 8320 Emerald Is Here!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Maverick10

Hello,

I am afraid not. The issue is not with my icons. Let me go into detail of what really happened.

I had some pictures in my Blackberry Picture Folder i.e. Menu/Media/Pictures. I moved these pictures into a new folder i.e. /Media Card/BlackBerry/pictures/New Folder/Camera Pic1.jpg.

Then I hid the folder i.e. /Media Card/BlackBerry/pictures/New Folder.

Now problem is that I cannot simply locate that folder from anywhere. Tried the Desktop Manager as well but could not locate. I hope you understand what the issue is not and can help me. Thanks again from your previous response.

Regards,

Maverick

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

if the path of your folder starts with /Media Card/
then you can browse it using the windows explorer. Please read :
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Maverick10

Thanks. Needed to know if we could manage a way of doing so through the BB itself.

No issues. Used your note andfound the folder and was able to access the "lost" folder. Much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

for your knowledge, there's a way that does not require a PC. But I don't remember it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
R1Pilot

To unhide without using a computer, try this.

Main Menu > Media > (highlight pictures) > press Blackberry button > Explore > Media Card > Blackberry > pictures > press Blackberry button > show hidden

In short, navigate to the folder where you hid the folder/file and press the Blackberry button and choose show hidden.  you'll then see the hidden item in the list as a semi-transparent item.  Highlight the item > press the Blackberry button > Properties > uncheck "Hidden".  You can then go back and access the file as you normally would.

--R1 Pilot

Please use plain text.
ruahogfan2

Same thing happened to me.  Go to your Media Icon, click it, then hit your menu key and go to Explore.  Then go to Device Memory, Home, User, and then you're there!  Good luck!
Please use plain text.
NIALL4FORT
My Device: 9500 prosumer
My Carrier: 02

hi,

Just a quick question as i have followed your links to unhide folders, items.  I have mangaed to hide all my pictures, music, videos and i am trying to unhide the items and folders.  However i have followed every step up until unselecting hidden with the tick. It appears in a transparent form.

Hope you can help. The problem occured when i tried to back up my contacts on the desktop manager.

Further more everytime i try and open roxio is crashed with the orange screen.

Thanks

Niall

Please use plain text.
Visitor
naqqashs
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: holster

listen guysss...

i had enough of it

i go to the media i explore it,after that i can view my picture as hidden files (pictures and songs)'

then i find the tab for "UNHIDE" , but its gone gray i cant click on it .. 

i cant get to know that how can i get the files back in my media option if i can not uncheck the UNHIDE option

common guyzzzz.

give me sumfin ...

Please use plain text.