Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to Unhide a hidden folder

naqqashs wrote:

listen guysss...

i had enough of it

i go to the media i explore it,after that i can view my picture as hidden files (pictures and songs)'

then i find the tab for "UNHIDE" , but its gone gray i cant click on it .. 

i cant get to know that how can i get the files back in my media option if i can not uncheck the UNHIDE option

common guyzzzz.

give me sumfin ...

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

You are almost there. When you have the folder list displayed on your BB and you have Shown Hidden, highlight but don't select the hidden item. Then, click the blackberry_logo.jpg key and select Properties. On that screen will be the check box for the Hidden attribute. If you cannot unclick it, then the file is protected somehow and you do not have access to that attribute.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Kerry_91
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

the option to explore doesnt even appear for me, any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Kerry_91 wrote:

the option to explore doesnt even appear for me, any suggestions?

Hello,

This is a pretty old thread -- can you detail the exact steps you take and the exact results of each step?

Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Doctor_Livingston
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

And this my friends is the answer. THanks dude!

Please use plain text.
Jean100792
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Docomo

when i press the bb button theres no explore to choose with, what else can i do? Please help
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Jean100792 wrote:
when i press the bb button theres no explore to choose with, what else can i do? Please help

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please provide the exact steps you are taking and the exact results. For instance, you say "Explore" is not there...but what is there? (But, please don't leave out the steps leading up to pressing the bb button...).

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
AbuMaahiy
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: t-mobile

I used to be able to do this as has been explained but after updating my operating system explore no longer appears. When I open picture folders and search the folder it appears. When I select it a blank, black screen appears.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hello!

This KB describes how:

• KB18466Hide or unhide pictures on the BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shaazia
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: vodacom

Heloo...plz plz help me...I connected my bb to the computer nd wen I disconnected it,evrythn disappeared...I noticed that it was "hidden" in the files...bt wen I try to "untick" the hidden box,I can't becouse itz in grey...now none of my media is visible..
Please use plain text.
Visitor
prakash1903
My Device: BlackBerry 9630
My Carrier: Reliance

Dear all,
if u have hidden the folder by using property option of the folder then to unhide those folders please follow these steps.....
1. Go to the "Application" option
2. file and then "file and folder" option
3.open "media card" option
4.use BB menue key and choose "show hidden"
5. Open the folder where u saved that folder which is hidden now and again use BB menu key and select on "show hidden"
6. When your hidden folder appears on screen then select that hidden folder and use BB menue key and go in "property" option
7. Finally "uncheck" the "hidden" option.
Now your hidden file or folder is available.....

Suggestion- If anyone want to hide any folder then best option is to use "exclude folder" option which is available when you open "media" option and then open any item video, pictures or music use BB menu key go in option and choose last option "exclude Folders" from here check the folder u want to hide (excluded folder can not be seen from anywhere until u follow the above process and again "un-check" the excluded folder) ....

Prakash N Singh
Please use plain text.